Skip to main content

Book Riot's 2022 Read Harder Challenge - October Update: Nightbooks & The Good House

 

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope everyone's been doing well.  How is it already the end of October already?  Anyway, I've now completed the 20 tasks of Book Riot's 2022 Read Harder Challenge.  The tasks I completed this month required me to read a book whose movie or TV adaptation you’ve seen (but haven’t read the book) and a horror novel by a BIPOC author and I selected Nightbooks by J.A. White and The Good House by Tananarive Due respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and what's coming up for November:


 ❋ ❋  
Nightbooks by J.A. White was exactly what I needed.  I absolutely loved this and it was perfect to read for the spooky season, especially the audiobook edition!  I also loved the Netflix movie adaptation - it did a marvelous job of bringing Alex, Yasmin, Natacha, the stories, and the apartment to life.  I need to read more from this author asap.  If you're a fan of A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gidwitz, I have a feeling you'll love this too.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋  ❋ 
The Good House by Tananarive Due is a new favorite and a perfect read for the Halloween season.  If you're a fan of Stephen King, Octavia Butler, and Stephen Graham Jones, I have a feeling you'll like Tananarive Due.  I don't know why I've been putting off trying this author for so long but I'm glad I decided to start now. I can't wait to read more of her books in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Next Up For November:

Read a romance where at least one of the protagonists is over 40.

My choice: Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson - This doesn't sound like it's in my wheelhouse, but it does sound like it will be good.

Read an adventure story by a BIPOC author.

My choice: Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava #1) by Roshani Chokshi - I haven't had the best of luck with this author in the past, but I really like the sound of this middle grade story.


Have you read any of these books or are you taking part in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card