Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Non-Fiction I Read In 2023

       

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Bookish Goals 2024, but I decided to do something completely different and feature the Best Non-Fiction I Read In 2023.  I don't often read this genre, but I found some that really worked for me last year.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:

All Things Wise and Wonderful (All Creatures Great and Small #5-6) by James Herriot - I'm so glad I started reading these books since I love the tv adaptation so much.  All of these have just been like a warm hug.  Plus, it's really cool they got Nicholas Ralph to narrate these new audiobook editions I've listened to since he's the actor that plays James in the new show. 

Beyond the Wand; The Magic and Mayhem of Growing Up a Wizard by Tom Felton - This was so cool and I highly recommend listening to the audiobook since Tom Felton himself narrates.

Half American: The Epic Story of African Americans Fighting World War II at Home and Abroad by Matthew F. Delmont - I'm so glad I stumbled upon this on Libby.  It's not an easy read, but it should be required reading.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou - Now I know why this is considered a classic!

Impossible Escape: A True Story of Survival and Heroism in Nazi Europe by Steve Sheinkin - I'm always on the look out for YA Nonfiction and this one is one of the best.  It doesn't shy away from the tough stuff.

The Men with the Pink Triangle: The True Life-and-Death Story of Homosexuals in the Nazi Death Camps by Heinz Heger - This is brutal, but this lesser known part of history can't be forgotten.

Murder Among Friends: How Leopold and Loeb Tried to Commit the Perfect Crime by Candace Fleming - If you're a fan of Alfred Hitchcock's Rope, you can't miss the real true crime that inspired it.

The Six: The Untold Story of America's First Women Astronauts by Loren Grush - If you're a fan of Hidden Figures or The Mercury 13, you can't miss this.

The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny, and Murder by David Grann - I especially loved the audiobook production.

Women, Race & Class by Angela Y. Davis - This is over 40 years old, but still just as relevant as ever.


Have you read any of these nonfiction books?  What are some of your favorites works of nonfiction?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. The All Creatures Great and Small series is one of my favorite series of all time (& I've been around a while!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic. Here is my post https://paigesofnovels.com/2024/01/16/top-ten-tuesday-2024-bookish-goals/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wager sounds really interesting! I saw that a while back and was intrigued. I'd like to read more non fiction this year too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my goals this year is to read more nonfiction, so this fits perfectly! I've wanted to read Beyond the Wand, but I didn't realize Tom Felton narrates the audiobook. So cool! I'll have to go that route with it, then, I think. The Wager sounds really good, too. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always looking for more nonfiction to read. Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice mix of different topics, and I see a few I'd love to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely more into fiction than non, but I do enjoy narrative non-fiction a lot. I also really like the James Herriot series on tv - it's so warm and wholesome. I need to give the books a go. Sounds like the audiobooks might be the best way. Thanks for the rec!

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US