Skip to main content

Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge 2024 - January Update: Fevered Star & The Dead Take The A Train

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I hope everyone's been doing well.  I don't know about you, but it seemed like January really just dragged on and on to me.  Anyway, that means I've completed two tasks for Book Riot's 20243 Read Harder Challenge.  The tasks I completed this month required me to read a book by an author with an upcoming event (virtual or in person) and then attend the event and to read a book based solely on the title.  I selected Fevered Star (Between Earth and Sky #2) by Rebecca Roanhorse and The Dead Take the A Train (Carrion City #1) by Cassandra Khaw and Richard Kadrey respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and my plans for next month:

 ❋ ❋ 

Fevered Star (Between Earth and Sky #2) by Rebecca Roanhorse was such a great return to this world and characters.  I'm just happy to have more to read from this author, honestly.  I'm glad I decided to listen to the audiobook because now I know what everything should sound like.  I'm also glad I watched the author event on YouTube (you can check it out here) - it was so cool to hear her talk about the series.  I can't wait for book three!

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ 

The Dead Take the A Train (Carrion City #1) by Cassandra Khaw and Richard Kadrey is quite a trip!  Juiie is easily my favorite part of this story along with the dark sense of humor.  I don't want to give too much away, except to say that you ought to try this series opener especially if you're a fan of Neil Gaiman.  I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel because Khaw and Kadrey made quite a team!

My review is also on Goodreads.


Next Up For February: 

Read a middle grade book with an LGBTQIA main character.

My choice: Star-Crossed by Barbara Dee - This just sounds really dang cute!

Read a romance with neurodivergent characters.

My choice: Solitaire (Solitaire #1) by Alice Oseman - I can't resist Alice Oseman's books and I'm looking forward to catching up.


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US