Skip to main content

Halloween Reads - Announcement & TBR

  

Happy Saturday everyone!  Today, I thought I'd share my reading plans for the month of October.  I plan on reading a bunch of spooky books throughout the month to get ready for Halloween!  Who knows if I'll be able to read all of thirteen of these, but either way I think I've got a pretty great tbr.  I also plan on checking out some cool movies for this year's round of Hooptober over on Letterboxd (which started back on September 15th) - you can check out my watchlist here. Without further ado, let's get to the reading material:

Angel of the Overpass (Ghost Roads #3) by Seanan McGuire - I'll be reading this for Book Riot's 2024 Read Harder Challenge and I can't wait to see how this trilogy ends.

Blood Pact (Vicki Nelson #4) by Tanya Huff - I didn't quite like book three as much as I was hoping but this series has still been fun so I'm looking forward to what's next. 

The Dance (Final Friends #2) by Christopher Pike - Why not read book two of this series given the kick I've been on of this author's books lately.

Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire #1) by Jay Kristoff - It's been far too long since I've read this author and this sounds perfect for the season.

Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin - I'll be reading this for the Beat The Backlist 2024.  This historical fantasy horror featuring vampires sounds like it could be intriguing.  

Flesh & Bone (Rot & Ruin #3) by Jonathan Maberry - It's time I finally start to dive deeper into this YA zombie horror series.

Our Wicked Histories by Amy Goldsmith - I don't know about you, but this sounds like it's going to be right up my alley.

Parasite (Cymic Parasite Breach #1-5) by Darcy Coates - I've really liked what I've read from this author so far and I can't wait to read more from her.  I really like her style of horror.

The Party (Final Friends #1) by Christopher Pike - I've been on a bit of a Christopher Pike kick lately so why not keep it going.

The Remaking by Clay McLeod Chapman - I've seen some mixed reviews for this novel, but it looks like it has a lot of potential to me.

Reviver (Reviver Trilogy #1) by Seth Patrick - I'll be reading this for the Beat The Backlist 2024. I was hoping to read this for Halloween last year, but I ran out of time so hopefully I get to it this time around.

Strange Weather: Four Short Stories by Joe Hill - I'll be reading this for the Beat The Backlist 2024. I've been meaning to get to this collection for so long.

The Whispering Pines (Exit 13 #1) by James Preller - I'll be reading this MG novel for Book Riot's 2024 Read Harder Challenge. It looks like it has a lot of potential.


Have you read any of these books?  What are you planning to read to get ready for the spooky season?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This looks like a fun TBR! Empire of the Vampire is on my list to read at some point. I hear good things about it😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love seeing October TBRs. The Remaking looks really interesting. I really dig that book cover. I hope you enjoy all the books on your TBR!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US