Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Surprisingly Redeemed Characters

  

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Ten Characters Authors Surprisingly Redeemed (which characters did you not like at first, but grew to love by the end of the book?) (submitted by Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse).  The Surprisingly Redeemed Characters I'm featuring today are some of my favorites from books, movies, and tv shows.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by character name:

Boromir from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - I also appreciate Sean Bean's portrayal of the character in the movies.

Bucky Barnes from the MCU - I can't wait to see the character again in Thunderbolts.

Loki from the MCU - I hope we'll get to see the character again in the future!

Megamind from Megamind - I wish this movie got as many sequels as Despicable Me.  Megamind is such a fun character and the movie is one of my favorites!

Nux from Mad Max: Fury Road - I didn't expect his redemption at all the first time I saw this movie, but it's one of my favorite aspects of it.

Ove from A Man Called Ove by Frederick Backman - I liked the book a lot, but I absolutely loved the original 2015 Swedish movie adaptation.  I definitely recommend it over the American remake with Tom Hanks by a long shot!

Regina from Once Upon a Time - Sure, this show started to lose steam in the later seasons, but I loved it.  Regina's redemption was one of my favorite storylines and she was consistently one of the strongest characters.

Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel - Spike is easily one of my favorite characters and I greatly appreciated this for his character.

Steve Harrington from Stranger Things - Steve went from being one of my least favorite characters in this show to one of my favorites.  I loved his scenes with Robin so much and I'm looking forward to seeing him again in season 5.

Wikus van de Merwe from District 9 - I'm still dying for a sequel to this movie.


What are some of your favorite surprisingly redeemed characters?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Ove. Of course. He certainly is redeemed by the end of the book. It was a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the Tom Hanks adaptation of Ove, but I totally agree with you about the original adaptation.
    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/books-with-yellow-covers-pick-a-color/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Boromir a few times today and I reckon he'll be popping up on a few more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about Regina. Here is my post https://paigesofnovels.com/2024/09/17/top-ten-six-tuesday-characters-i-didnt-like-at-first/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh cool, i love all those chacters, Megamind is a little underrated and its a shame because is a fun but cute movie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh, so many good ones! Loki, Megamind, Regina, Steve!! Some of my favorite characters! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great list! I loved Once Upon A Time but haven't seen the last few seasons as it just didn't hold my interest the same.

    Spike as well from Buffy!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/09/17/top-ten-tuesday-characters-that-i-enjoyed-reading-about/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US