Skip to main content

Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Horror Locations I Really Don't Want To Visit


 

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Bookish Places I’ve Visited, but in honor of Summer of Horror 2026, a celebration of all things horror running from June through August and hosted by Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy, I'm going to do something a bit different and share Horror Locations I Really Don't Want To Visit.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:

Crafting for Sinners by Jenny Kiefer - New Creations craft store - no, thanks!

Dracula by Bram Stoker - Dracula's castle - nah!  The above gif is from the movie Horror of Dracula (1958) which stars Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing and is one of my favorite adaptations.

The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales by Edgar Allan Poe - The House of Usher - I'll just stay home okay!

Fear Street by R.L. Stine - Fear Street and Shadyside - Another one I'll stay away from, thanks!  Reading about this fictional street in a fictional Ohio town is enough for me, thanks!  There are plenty of opportunities with all of the installments of the book series out there.

The Hollow Places by T. Kingfisher - Those portals to those alternate realities - I'll pass!

Incidents Around the House by Josh Malerman - Bela's house - No, thank you!  Also, have you seen the preview for the upcoming movie adaptation, Other Mommy, yet?  It looks like it'll be a good one!

Locke & Key by Joe Hill - Key House - The concept of the keys is fascinating, but it's still a no from me!

The September House by Carissa Orlando - Margaret and Hal's house - Definitely not in September, anyway!

The Shining (The Shining #1) by Stephen King - The Overlook - nope!

This Wretched Valley by Jenny Kiefer - That titular valley/ untouched cliff face in the Kentucky wilderness - just the idea of rock climbing is a scary one to me!


Have you read any of these books?  What are some of the fictional places you'd never want to visit?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. That hotel in the Shining would be so frightening to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not like to visit these places either!
    Thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol this is great. I'm a massive wuss so wouldn't deal well with these though I have been to Whitby Abbey where Dracula lands https://sarahcollinsbookworm.wordpress.com/2026/08/25/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-places-ive-visited/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't want to visit those places either 😂 expect maybe Dracula's Castle

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/08/25/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-places-ive-visited/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you twisted this week's theme. And I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to visit those places either.
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/fictional-bookstores-i-would-love-to-visit/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, that’s totally understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I definitely wouldn't want to visit the Overlook Hotel or the September House!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun post!! I might have to borrow your idea (with credit!) later this fall!! And you have reminded me to put Crafting for Sinners and The September House on hold at the library. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to see what you decide to do with it. Enjoy them!

      Delete
  9. I'm *not* a fan of horror, but how can I miss out on Dracula's Castle and House of Usher? And I've not seen the 1958 Dracula adaptation, so thanks for the rec. Have you see the latest TV version for Usher, though? Wonder if it's any good

    ~Lex (lexlingua.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the new tv Usher and it was a pretty interesting Poe adaptation, but you can't go wrong with Vincent Price. :) I hope you enjoy the new adaptation and that classic Dracula movie.

      Delete
  10. haha- I would not want to visit pretty much any place in a horror novel! Fun twist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it wrong that, despite it all, I'd still be tempted by the New Creations craft store?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love where you went (or didn't go!) with your list! I have a ton of fictional places I wouldn't want to visit and I wish I was as creative as you with this week's prompt.

    Haze
    https://thebookhaze.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dracula's castle seems like WAY too creepy of a place to ever visit - even with the most fierce person you know. ;) Probably would feel the same about the rest of these places too. Thanks for visiting my list and other posts today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! I am definitely staying away from remote places known for disappearances. Not going to lie, I'm a little tempted by The September House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean there. Just a bit tempted.😁

      Delete
  15. I love this topic! So fun. There's a Dracula-related place on my list today. Part of the book takes place in Whitby, England, and it's a really lovely seaside town. I'd love to go back.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Fall 2026 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want To Be Adapted Into Movies Or TV Shows