Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: Magical Readathon: Orilium - Gear Up - Wrap Up & Mini Reviews

 Happy Sunday everyone!  Since September I've been preparing to attend Orilium for the Magical Readathon, hosted by G. @ Book Roast.  I've followed the Novice Path and I've worked on completed the Traveller's Key (to build my character).  By the way, my character is a dwarf who lives in an urban setting in the province of Daerune.  Now, it's time to gear up for next month's main readathon when we begin our studies.  For the week of Monday, March 14th through Sunday, March 20th, I'm taking part in a short readathon of only 2 books to get ready to begin our studies by choosing my Conduit and my Legacy Gift available to me through my Guild's Conclave.  By the way, I've decided to be a member The Archivists guild which sounds right up my alley.  

Conduit: Bone - Bone/ skull on the cover or the word in the title/ series title

 ❋  

Kingdom of the Cursed (Kingdom of the Wicked #2) by Kerri Maniscalco is a pretty great sequel from a talented author.  In my mind, this new series isn't quite a good as her Stalking Jack the Ripper series, but it's still fun to jump into.  Just to be in more of her stories is good for me.  I also have to admit, I wasn't prepared for the romance - that was definitely more than I was expecting.  I was hoping for more answers in regards to some things, and less sexy stuff.  Oh, well.  I'm still looking forward to book three, Kingdom of the Feared.

My review is also on Goodreads


Legacy: Gaila (Goddess of Night and Nightmares) - Night time on the cover or the word night in the title/ series title

 ❋  

The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows #6) by Kim Harrison is a great installment of what's been a cool urban fantasy series so far.  As a series, it really keeps getting better as it goes along . It's so much fun to be back with these characters and this version of Cincinnati.  As always, Jenks is still my favorite character.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you taking part in this new edition of the Magical Readathon?  Have you read either of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below! 

Comments

  1. while I've not read the Kingdom of the Wicked series, I can say that I simply love those covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about Kingdom of the Wicked, but am hesitant because it's a different genre than her previous series. Glad you've enjoyed it though. Maybe I'll check it out from my library.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't