Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Prudence (The Custard Protocol #1) by Gail Carriger + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.



This week I'm spotlighting one of my Sci-fi July reads for Devour Your TBR, Prudence (The Custard Protocol #1) by Gail Carriger.  I'm so glad I'm finally diving into this series since I adored The Parasol Protectorate and Finishing School.  Plus, I really liked seeing young Prudence in the later books of The Parasol Protectorate and Carriger's brand of steampunk is a favorite.

Beginning:

Lady Prudence Alessandra Maccon Akeldama was enjoying her evening exceedingly.  The evening, unfortunately, did not feel the same about Lady Prudence.

56:

"You forget about my father's pack.  Terrible gossips, werewolves.  Worse than Dama's drones."

50/50 Friday: Favorite/ Least Favorite Fandom





Favorite - Good Omens - This is a new favorite and the Neil Gaiman and the cast seem to have so much fun with it as well!



Least favorite - The Time Tunnel - I love this '60s sci-fi tv show, but there really isn't a fandom.  It only had one season, but it was so much awesome time travel stuff.  I wish there was more to it because it was cancelled pretty abruptly (it was pretty costly to produce) so a good deal of the main storyline never got wrapped up.  If only.  


What are you reading this week?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Good Omens is the best!!!

    I'd really like to read The Parasol Protectorate one day too.

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been a while since I read a Carriger book. I really should pick up where I left off in the Parasol series. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book sounds like a lot of fun. I still haven't started Good Omens. I really should Tennant and Sheen are both amazing actors.
    My Friday: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they play off of each other extraordinarily well.

      Delete
  4. Ijust loved the beginning! I have heard so much about Carrier's books, but do not know where to start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd start with the Parasol Protectorate series first, or you could start with the Finishing School series which is the YA prequel series then the Parasol Protectorate, then this series. :)

      Delete
  5. Prudence sounds interesting. I haven't read Gail Carriger before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Omens is one everyone is raving about and I really need to read it.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book and the series are both marvelous. Thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  7. I still need to read The Parasol Protectorate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so awesome. I hope you enjoy it when you get there. :)

      Delete
  8. I've read a couple of Gail Carriger's books and really enjoyed them. I need to get caught up. Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads