Skip to main content

Black Friday Readathon - Wrap Up & Mini Reviews

Happy Thursday everyone! Last Friday I participated in my first Black Friday Readathon hosted by Du LivreBooks & Sensibility, and Mocha Girls Read and I had a great time doing it.  I'm looking forward to taking part in this next year, if Amber and company will be hosting again.  I surprised myself and  managed to complete 5 of the 6 books on my original tbr which you can see here if you're interested.  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I completed for this readathon in the order I read them (and the sixth which as well which I finished a couple of days later because why not):

 ❋  ❋ 

This series is quickly becoming a favorite and Kate Bishop is a great lead. Hawkeye: Kate Bishop Vol. 2: Masks by Kelly Thompson, Leonardo Romero, and Julian Tedesco is quite a bit better than the first installment by this author and it really worked for me.  It was so much fun to see Laura (X-23's) cameo and hear some of that gossip. I'm really looking forward to volume 3 and seeing how Thompson writes Clint.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋  

This series is definitely coming back up to par after the disappointment of volume 3. With The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 4: Rising Action by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie, and Matt Wilson, the art is just as great as I'd come to expect, there's a lot of awesome action, and the story really begins to take off. I can't wait to see what's next for volume 5.

My review is also on Godoreads.



 ❋  

Lady Killer, Vol. 2 by Joëlle Jones is a great follow up to the first installment.  It was so much fun to be back.  It was great to be back.  I love the pitch black sense of humor.  I hope one day we'll get to see more of Josie in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋  

As a fan of Sherlock Holmes I'm always on the lookout for retellings that put their own spin on the classic and A Study in Emerald by Neil Gaiman, Rafael Albuquerque, Rafael Scavone, and Dave Stewart is a must for fans of the character and Neil Gaiman.  I really hope there's more to this some day because the mash up really worked for me.

My review is also on Goodreads.



 ❋  

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig is my first novel by the author, but it definitely won't be my last.  There's so much to love about this new fantasy release and it certainly deserves all of the praise it's been getting.  The optimism of all the possible opportunities that can potentially change the course of your life is fantastic.  It's a beautifully written novel and it's quite emotional as well.  Nora's tale is an absolute must read, especially if you're interested in parallel world, the multiverse, and what makes you you.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋  

Ruth Ware has quickly become one of my favorite must read mystery thriller authors and One By One is a pretty good new release. It may not be my favorite of hers, but it's right up there.  The chapters are short and their alternating perspectives make this a quick, and addicting read.  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if an app something like Snoop really exists or will exist soon in the future.  I can't wait to read whatever Ware decides to write in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you ever taken part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads