Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Unshapely Things (Connor Grey #1) by Mark Del Franco

 



On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my current Mythothon books, Unshapely Things (Connor Grey #1) by Mark Del Franco.  I found this at a used bookstore awhile ago and hadn't heard of it or the author, but so far it sounds like it could potentially be the start of a good urban fantasy series.

Beginning: 

The alley was slick with rain and a rainbow-hued slop I didn't want to think about.

56:

Joe and I backed away from her.  Her rapid-fire speech was indecipherable to me.  Joe shook his head in confusion.  "She says he was wrong like a fey, not human, I think.  She's an idiot, Connor.  All she keeps saying is that he's bad."


What are you reading this week?  Have you read this book?  Are you taking part in this readathon?  As always thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of Unshapely Things either. It seems like it could be good. I'm just wondering how you get "rainbow-hued slop." Or maybe I don't actually want to know. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds tempting! Enjoy, and thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “MOTHER MAY I”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always on the lookout for a good urban fantasy, and this sounds really good😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's pretty good! Thanks for coming over, Tammy.

      Delete
  4. This sounds good! I haven't heard of Unshapely Things either so it's completely new to me too. I've actually been in the mood for an urban fantasy read as of late and think I may have to go that route with my next book. I hope you enjoy this one! Have a great weekend, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy the genre. :)

      Thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  5. Yes. I know that rainbow slop one doesn't want to think about. Ha! Enjoy your read. My Friday quotes from THE GREATEST MIRACLE IN THE WORLD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intriguing 56 for sure!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely sounds interesting. The first line paints the picture right away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting, I’m always looking for interesting fantasy books to read. I am re-reading shattered mirror this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds good! I'm always on the lookout for more urban fantasy. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. God I miss visiting used bookstores because you always end up finding something you'd never heard of before! Also, the Mythoton sounds like so much fun, if it runs again next year I'd love to join! Thanks for dropping by my post and I hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. You never knew what you might find.

      Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early