Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Twilight of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon #1) by Anna Elliott

 



On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my current Mythothon books, Twilight of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon #1) by Anna Elliott.  I can't resist an Arthurian related retelling and this retelling of Tristan and Isolde set after the fall of Camelot looks great.

Beginning: 

I am a singer, I am steel.
I am a druid, I am a serpent.
I am love.

So I say to call the visions into the scrying bowl.

56:

The touch seemed to quiet the boy somewhat, for his sobs slowed.  Beneath the bruises and the sheen of sweat and tears, his skin was dead white, but he drew a ragged breathe and looked up at the other man with red-rimmed eyes.


What are you reading this weekend?  Are you taking part in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Thats a great opening, and would definitely make me want to read this😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love an Arthurian legend and re-telling and what happens next. This series does seem very nice. I don't think I know it! Will go and take a look on Goodreads now.

    Thanks for sharing and have a good weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great excerpts! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story of Tristan and Isolde despite the fact that it’s so sad. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great excerpts. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great excerpts! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have an awesome weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love a retelling! This one sounds good! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's working for me so far, Freda. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. I find the title enchanting and I enjoyed the snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Retellings have a lovely way of tipping your expectations on their heads. I hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Thanks for coming over to my blog, Roberta!

      Delete
  10. Oooh this sounds amazing! I adore the painting used for the cover and Tristan and Iseulde is a stunning story to adapt. Sign me up ;) Thanks for dropping by my post and I hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this one before, but I do like that opening! Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early