Skip to main content

2021 Popsugar Reading Challenge - Update #3 & Mini Reviews

Happy Friday everyone and welcome to my third 2021 Popsugar Reading Challenge update with mini  reviews!  I completed 3 books this month for a grand total of 17 of 50 books finished for the 2021 Popsugar Reading Challenge.  I'd say I've made great progress and have read some pretty good books already.  Without further ado, here are my thoughts on the books I completed in March for this challenge in the order I read them in:


DNF'd @ page 40

I tried, but after 40 pages of Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas going nowhere real quick with characters I wasn't interested in in the least I decided to move on to something else.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋  
Home (Binti #2) by Nnedi Okorafor is a great sequel to Binti.  This author has quickly become one of my must read authors and this is no exception.  There's so much more I want to know about this world and the characters, though.  Honestly, I just wish it were longer.  I can't wait to read the finale, The Night Masquerade.


❋ ❋  
Vincent and Theo: The Van Gogh Brothers by Deborah Heiligman is a fantastic biography of the relationship between the two Van Gogh brothers. Vincent Van Gogh is one of my favorite artists and his history is certainly intriguing if incredibly sad. Deborah Heiligman does a great job of presenting their story and their relationship together, with their family, and the world around them. The book doesn't need to be as long as it is though because it can be repetitive at times. I do wish we also got a greater look at Van Gogh's artwork than the few full color prints included here.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you participating in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Catherine House, I've had my eye on it but now I'm not so sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really sounded like it had a lot of potential. I hope you'll like it more than me if you decide to try it, Tammy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early