Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: Book Haul

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope everyone's staying safe and healthy.  Today, I thought I'd share some of the new and used books I've recently added to my collection.  Keep reading the check them out:


Jack of Kinrowan (Jack of Kinrowan #1-2) by Charles de Lint - I hadn't heard of this one before I spotted this at a local new and used bookstore, but it sounds exactly like my kind of urban fantasy.

Alive! (Valentino #3) by Loren D. Estleman - I haven't read any of the other books in this series, but this sounds like a really cool mystery featuring classic Hollywood horror.

The King's Cavalier by Samuel Shellabarger - I've never read anything by this author, but this historical fiction novel published in 1950 that is set during the 16th century France looks very intriguing.  I think I'm going to enjoy this chilvalric romance.

Dead of Winter (Doctor Who: New Series Adventures #45) by James Goss - I do enjoy reading these tie-in books.  This one is set between series five and six and it looks like it could be fun.  By the way, Rory is one of my favorite companions so I'm always looking to see more of him.

The Whisper Man by Alex North - I really The Shadows and I can't wait to try more from this author.

The Forever Sea (The Forever Sea #1) by Joshua Phillip Johnson - Just look at this cover!  Plus, it sounds like it's going to be amazing.

Outpost (Donovan Trilogy #1) by W. Michael Gear - I hadn't heard of this one either, but a lot of my favorite reviewers have had pretty great things to say about this sci-fi series opener.  It's giving me vibes of Firefly and of The Expanse, so I think it could be right up my alley.

Magic For Liars by Sarah Gailey - I've loved everything else I've read by this author and I just need to read everything she's ever written.


A Murder of Mages
(The Maradaine Constabulary #1) by Marshall Ryan Maresca
- I haven't read any of the books in the predecessor series, but this sounds delightful.

The Dead of Winter (Cora Oglesby #1) by Lee Collins - I have to admit that I've enjoyed the historical fantasy westerns that I've read so far, and I'm hoping this is going to be right up my alley.

Wake (WWW #1) by Robert J. Sawyer - Again, I wasn't familiar with this cyberpunk sci-fi novel before, but it sounds like it's got a lot of potential.

Ashlords (Ashlords #1) by Scott Reintgen - I've heard so many great things about this novel YA fantasy novel and I can't wait to try it.  All I had to hear was Red Rising meets The Scorpio Races!


Have you read any of these books?  What books have you recently added to your collection?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Outpost is amazing! You'll want to read the rest of the series as soon as you finish. And I really enjoyed Magic For Liars😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful book haul! I absolutely loved Ashlords, and I hope you do, too. So funny on the Alex North book. We're reversed! I read The Whisper Man and enjoyed it, and now I want to read The Shadows!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early