Skip to main content

Trope-ical Readathon - Team Fantasy - March 2024 Round Announcement & TBR

Happy Saturday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my plans for the March 2024 round of the Trope-ical Readathon which is hosted by @jenjenreviews and @bookrob13.  It will run the entire month of March and I'm joining Team Fantasy this time around. 


As usual, there are fifteen total challenges to complete - two team challenges and thirteen common challenges (you either read a book that fits the given trope or one that fits the alternate prompt).  Each team also has two choices (a newer or an older book) for your Team Book read as well.  For each challenge you complete, team book you read, and each page you read, you earn points for your team,  You can also follow the official Trope-ical Readathon on Twitter and with the hashtag #TropeicalReadathon.  Without further ado, let's get to my tbr: 

Team Book:

My choice: Faebound (Faebound #1) by Saara El-Arifi - I've already read the other team book and this was completely new to me.  It sounds really cool to me.

Team Challenges:

1. Read A Book With The "Urban Fantasy" Trope

My choice: Lake Silence (The World of the Others #1) by Anne Bishop - I loved The Others series and I can't wait to start this spin-off series.

2. Read A Book With The "Powerful Artifact" Trope

My choice: The Stardust Thief (The Sandsea Trilogy #1) by Chelsea Abdullah - I've been told this is a must read if you're a fan of The Adventures of Amina al-Sirafi and I loved that.  I'm also reading this for the Beat The Backlist 2024 challenge.


Common Challenges:

1. Absent/ Dead Parent(s) or *A Book With More Than One Author*

My choice: Reading Angel: The TV Spin-Off With A Soul edited by Stacey Abbott - I found this book of essays about this tv series at a flea market not too long ago.  It sounds really cool - I love that show!  

2. Hand-Picked Crew or *A Cover Buy Book*

My choice: The Way of Shadows (Night Angel #1) by Brent Weeks - I spotted this at a thrift shop and it really caught my eye.

3. Coming-of-Age or *A Genre You Usually Don't Read*

My choice: In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin by Erik Larson - I've had this nonfiction history book on my shelf for awhile now and I should really read it soon.

4. *Multiple Timelines* or A Book You Previously DNF'd

My choice: Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies (Civiliazations Rise and Fall #1) by Jared Diamond - This covers a long time span and sounds fascinating.  This is another one I've had on my shelf for way too long.

5. Love Triangle or *Followers/ Friends Choose Between Two Books*

My choice: Japantown (Jim Brodie #1) by Barry Lancet - It was this or 7,000 Clams by Lee Irby and my Twitter poll ended in a tie, but it came ahead by 1 vote on my Likewise poll.  This mystery thriller series opener sounds like it could be intriguing.

6. Multiple POV or *Multiple POC*

My choice: For Lamb by Lena Cline-Ransome - I've heard only great things about this YA historical fiction book.

7. *Mixed Media* or An Audiobook or an EBook

My choice: The Fire Never Goes Out: A Memoir in Pictures by N.D. Stevenson - I've been meaning to read this so what better time than for this challenge.

8. *Apocalyptic/ Dystopian* or A Comfort Read

My choice: Dust & Decay (Rot & Ruin #2) by Jonathan Maberry - I've wanted to continue this series for a long while now and I really ought to get to it.

9. Found Family or *A Book in a Series*

My choice: The Angel of Darkness (Dr. Laszlo Kreizler #2) by Caleb Carr - I loved book one and I don't know why I've been putting this off.

10. Twins or *A Book That Shares Its Title*

My choice: The Troubled Man (Kurt Wallander #10) by Henning Mankell - I really enjoy this series and I need to get caught up on the books I've missed.  This has the same title as a book by Lisa M. Lilly.

11. *Revenge* or A Banned Book

My choice: Red Country (First Law World #6) by Joe Abercrombie - I've really loved what all I've read by this author and I can't wait to try this one.

12. *Bookish Themes* or A Book With A Pun In The Title

My choice: The Hum Bug (Edgar Allan Poe Mystery #2) by Harold Schechter - This historical mystery sounds like it could be fun.

13. *Retelling* or A Book With A TV Or Movie Adaptation

My choice: Nevermore (Edgar Allana Poe Mystery #1) by Harold Schechter - This series opener sounds fantastic and I hope I like it and the sequel.


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting below!

Comments

  1. So many great books. Faebound and The Stardust Thief look good. The cover for Dust and Decay looks scary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With