Skip to main content

Marvelathon: Villains vs Heroes - Announcement & TBR


Happy Sunday everyone! Today I'm sharing my TBR for the Marvelathon: Villains vs Villains which is hosted by Lisa Does Life and lasts for the entire month of March.  I took part in this last year and really enjoyed it.  It features two teams: Villains and Heroes.  I love all of the characters featured, but I decided on Team Heroes once I spotted Captain America and Doctor Strange on the roster.  Anyway, the rules are pretty simple: 1.Director Fury prompt and team color prompts can only be used once, 2. Character prompts can be used as many times as you like but only 3 per book max, 3. Can use any prompts together, and 4. Play fair.  Without further ado, let's get to what I hope to read:

Director Fury - Book With Disability Rep

My choice: One For All by Lillie Lainoff - I've been eyeing this for a long time and I need to finally try it! + 15 Bonus Points For LGBTQ Rep


Ultron - Villain - Book With AI In It, Or A Book Where The Villain Has A Point

My choice: Stone Blind by Natalie Haynes - I can't wait to read this Greek mythology retelling of Medusa.

Hela  - Villain - Read A Book With An Animal Companion/ Animal On The Cover


Agatha - Villain - Book With An Comic Relief Character

My choice: The Jolly Regina (The Unintentional Adventures of the Bland Sisters #1) by Kara LaReau, Illustrated Jen Hill - This sounds like A Series of Unfortunate Events and it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Venom - Villain - Read A Book Where The Characters Can't Live Without Each Other

My choice: In the Red by Christopher Swiedler - This MG sci-fi adventure survival story sounds like a perfect fit for this challenge.



Scarlet Witch - Hero - Unreliable/ Untrustworthy Character

My choice: Here Lies Daniel Tate by Cristin Terrill - I'm also reading this for the Popsugar Reading Challenge.

Captain America - Hero - Alternate History

My choice: A School For Unusual Girls (Stranje House #1) by Kathleen Baldwin - I've heard great things about this and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Dr. Strange - Hero - Book With A Character That Undergoes A Life Altering Change

My choice: The Testing (The Testing #1) by Joelle Charbonneau - I've been sitting on this YA dystopian for far too long.

Jean Grey - Hero - Book With An Immortal Character

My choice: A Dowry of Blood (A Dowry of Blood #1) by S.T. Gibson - This vampire story sounds perfect and I'm also reading this for the Beat the Backlist Challenge.


Watch A Film + 50 Bonus Points

My choice: Thor: Ragnarok - I've been feeling like doing a rewatch of this one - it's one of my favorites!

Watch An Episode Of A Series + 10 Bonus Points

My choice: Moon Knight - I loved this series and I think I'll have to rewatch it - at least the first episode!  I hope we'll get to see Steven, Mark, and Jake again in the future!


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This looks like a fun readathon. I loved A Dowry of Blood, and it seems like the perfect book for that prompt😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With