Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.


This week I'm spotlighting one of my Disney Read-a-thon picks, Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas which will fulfill the task to read a book that features royalty.  I've loved the first three books in this series and I excited to finally get on with the next installment here.

Beginning:

There was a thing waiting in the darkness.

56:

In the three weeks they'd been fighting and plotting and surviving together, he'd had no choice but to trust her.

50/50 Friday: Favorite/ Least Favorite Comic Relief Character


Favorite - Korg from Thor: Ragnarok 


Least favorite - Jar-Jar Binks from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace


What are you reading this weekend?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I've been meaning to start the Throne of Glass series. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Jar Jar Binks. I never thought he was funny either😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like Queen of Shadows! It has a great beginning!

    I'm actually a little behind in my reading... I hope to finish Truthwitch and The Dream Thieves today, and hope to read Ghost Fire this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I loved The Dream Thieves and I hope you do too!

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely curious about the "thing" mentioned in the opening and would keep reading to find out more. I'm also curious about the "fighting and plotting and surviving" in the 56. Sounds like a good book.
    My post features a mystery: Bless Me Father For I Have Sinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it will live up to my expectations! :)

      Delete
  5. I've not read any Sarah Maas books but she sure was popular in my library. Enjoy! My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't yet read anything by Sarah J. Maas. I hope you enjoy this one as much as her others. It does sound good!

    Korg is such a great character! And I'm with you when it comes to Jar-Jar Binks.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't thought about using movie characters... JarJar is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jar-Jar is the perfect choice for this! He was terrible and should never have existed!

    Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your post put a smile on my face and you don't need to convince me that maas is a great reading choice
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read a few from the Throne of Glass series. I don't remember where I left off but know I'd have to start over before reading another book. This week I am spotlighting Stolen Things by R. H. Herron from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks for the comic relief characters!

    "There was" makes me want to edit that first sentence. "A thing waited in the darkness." Sometimes being a writer in revising mode is a drag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked this one! Hope you do too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Korg is awesome. And I like those quotes. :)

    Oh my gosh JarJar- I hate him lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you'll enjoy this one as much as the first three! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I kind of forgot about Korg until now but I completely agree! He's such a great character in that movie and really helps take the tone in a new direction from the other Thor movies. Now I really want to rewatch it :) Thanks for linking up, Lauren!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Korg totally makes it. :)

      I think I need to do a rewatch too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge