Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: PopCulture Readathon, Round 3: Thrill Seeker Board - Announcement & TBR

Happy Sunday everyone!  This July I'm going to be taking part in Round 3 of the PopCulture Readathon, created and hosted by Whitney @ bookswhitme (with some assistance from Lorryn @ Reading Parental) and it runs for the entire month.  By the way, don't forget to follow the fun over on Twitter (#00spopcreads & #popcreadaton).  Anyway, the PopCulture Readathon combines the best of the world of books and movies, '00s movies this time around and there are four movie themed bingo cards to choose from to direct our reading (The Teenage Dream, Family Reunion, Thrill Seeker, and The Adult Agenda).  This time the boards are 3x4, but we can still try for a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal bingo.  I'm going to try for a blackout bingo on the Thrill Seeker board, which might be totally crazy since I'm also going to be attempting the Name-a-Thon in July too.  I guess, we'll see what happens!  Without further ado, let's get to the books I hope to read for Round 3:

Ginger Snaps - Feat. A Shifter:

My choice: Hair Raising (Dan Shamble, Zombie PI #3) by Kevin J. Anderson - This series has been so delightful and I can't wait to get back into Dan's world!

Zodiac - Published During Your Birth Month:

My choice: Teen Titans: Raven (Teen Titans #1) by Kami Garcia and Gabriel Picolo - I borrowed the second installment of this series, Beast Boy, and was pleasantly surprised by it so I'm definitely interested to see where they take this character.

Cabin Fever - Feat. Woods Or Forest:

My choice: Green Rider (Green Rider #1) by Kristen Britain - I've been meaning to read this for ages.  It sounds like a really cool YA fantasy from the 1990s.

Donnie Darko - YA Horror:

My choice: House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland - I can't resist a dark horror fairytale.

Jennifer's Body - Femme Fatale Character:

My choice: Laura by Vera Caspary - I really like the movie adaptation of this starring Gene Tierney and it's time I read the original novel.

Cursed - Feat. Curse That Needs To Be Broken

My choice: Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki Takaya - I've been told that I need to start this manga series for years.

Paranormal Activity - Ghost Story: 

My choice: The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero - I've both books I've read by this author so far and this one sounds like it might be fun.

Eight Legged Freaks - Deals W/ Phobias:

My choice: School of Fear (School of Fear #1) by Gitty Daneshvari - I know this series is very popular at my library, so I think I'm going to have to see what all the fuss is about.

The Ring - 7 Words In The Title:

My choice: Indiana Jones and the Peril at Delphi (Indiana Jones: Prequels #1) by Rob MacGregor
Quite awhile back I picked up a several of these prequel books at a yard sale.  They've just been setting on my shelf, so I figured it's as good a time as any to give one a try.  Plus, I do love the Indiana Jones movies.

Twinkies! - Food On Cover:

My choice: Midnight Brunch (Casa Dracula #2) by Marta Acosta - I didn't realize this was a sequel when I found it at a used book sale ages ago.  Somehow I still haven't gotten around to book one, but whatever I can still give this a try.

Men In Black II - Read A Sequel: 

My choice: A Longer Fall (Gunnie Rose #2) by Charlaine Harris - I'll also be reading this one for the Name-a-Thon.

The Skeleton Key - Bones In The Title Or On The Cover:

My choice: Dead Certainties: Unwarranted Speculations by Simon Schama - This history book was given to me by a friend.  It sounds like in it the author recreates a couple of ambiguous deaths from a couple of different perspectives.  I've never read any of his work before, but I guess I see what he's all about.


Are you taking part in this round of the PopCulture Readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. You've got some great choices - House of the Hollows sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Casa Dracula from a long time ago. I think it had a very Charlaine Harris feel but I liked its humor quotient much more. And for Fruits Basket, I'd recommend watching the anime on Netflix. Looks to be a fun readathon, hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I really need to start in on it - in both formats!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get