Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates #1) by A.K. Larkwood



On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my current Pride Month reads, The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates #1) by A.K. Larkwood.  So far this debut Adult fantasy is looking good!

Beginning: 

In the deep wilds of the north, there is a Shrine cut into the mountainside.  

56:

"She hasn't ever forgiven me for leaving her in the House of Silence," he said.


What are you reading this week?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I really loved this book, but the sequel is still so far away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeey, I recognize these snippets. :D This is one I've actually read! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sounds of this one!! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that opening sentence -- terrific image! Thanks for sharing it on Book Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting book--the cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was intrigued enough to head over to Goodreads to check it out. Saved from certain death is definitely impactful. Hope you enjoy the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cover! It sounds like an intriguing book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm enjoying it. Thanks for visiting, Yvonne.

      Delete
  10. I am amazed at how many different series you must be reading. It seems lie every week you've started another one.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your insights.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card