Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had An Epilogue

 

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Books I Wish Had An Epilogue.  All of the books on my list are ones where I'd just like to see the characters sometime in the future, or would even just like to see the characters a few minutes into the future from where the book left off.  Here we go, in alphabetical order by title:

Coraline by Neil Gaiman - I just want to know how Coraline is doing after everything really.

Danny and the Little Worm by Mia Coulton - How long did this dog and worm's friendship last, seriously?  I wish I was kidding about this book.

The End (A Series of Unfortunate Events #13) by Lemony Snicket - Honestly, I want to meet Violet, Klaus, and Sunny as adults.

Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World by Ashley Herring Blake - I need to know how she is a little while in the future from when the story is set.

Lord of the Flies by William Golding - This is a case of wanting to see just a few minutes after the story ends and also what happens to them when they get back to England.

Knife's Edge (Four Points #2) by Hope Larson - Really I just want more adventures with these characters!

Matilda by Roald Dahl - Please, I need to know what Matilda is like as a teen and also as an adult!

The Mortification of Fovea Munson by Mary Winn Heider - I wouldn't mind stepping back into this world again even if it was for just a moment.

My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece by Annabel Pilcher - I hope Jamie is doing okay.

Pizza Man by Marjorie Pillar - Is the Pizza Man still making pizzas and does he still love his job?!


Have you read any of these books?  What are some books you think deserve an epilogue?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Great list. I like your spin on this week's prompt. It can get frustrated not to know what happens to a beloved character.

    Here is my TTT post: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-books-i-wish-had-epilogue/

    Have a great week 🌈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I want to know what happened *after* Lord of the Flies? Hmm.... But do I want to know about Matilda as an adult? Oh, yes, please! :) ~Lex

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting list. I would like to see Matilda too. I have read a few of the Series of Unfortunate Events then stopped, no reason really life happened!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-wish-had-an-epilogue/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I would love to see what Matilda gets up to as an adult! I remember the ASOUE ending being kind of unsatisfying when I read it, so I would like to see Violet, Klaus and Sunny in the future and see that they were doing okay-I really hope they had a happy life after the end of the series, they deserve it! I don't think I would want to read a follow up to Lord of The Flies though, mainly as I had to read it for school and I HATED IT SO MUCH.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-372/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Baudelaire's definitely deserve all the happiness in the world.

      Delete
  5. I would like to see more of Matilda too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review