Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Atmospheric Horror Books

     

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Atmospheric Books and I'm focusing on the horror genre in honor of the season.  Without further ado, here are some of my favorites in alphabetical order:

The Diviners (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray

Dracula by Bram Stoker

The Hollow Places by T. Kingfisher

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters

The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist #1) by Rick Yancey

Night Film by Marisha Pessl

Our Crooked Hearts by Melissa Albert

Scowler by Daniel Kraus

The Sun Down Motel  by Simone St. James 


What are some of your favorite atmospheric books?  Have your read any of these?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Great topic. Here is my post-https://paigesofnovels.com/2023/10/24/top-ten-tuesday-atmospheric-book/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sundown Motel made my list today, too! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over, Deanna. I need to read more of this authors.

      Delete
  3. Great choices! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post: https://storiedconversation.com/top-ten-tuesday-atmospheric-books/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diviners and Monstrumologist. Great, atmospheric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Universal Harvester by John Dannelle is another horror book that is atmospheric.
    My TTT:
    https://snapdragonalcoveblog.wordpress.com/2023/10/24/atmospheric-books/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love THE SUN-DOWN MOTEL! It's my favorite St. James book, although I used a different one of hers on my list today. She's great at writing atmosphere.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read two books from her but I absolutely need to read everything she's ever written. 😁

      Delete
  7. Night Film is so good. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all great choices. Let the Right One In is perfect for this prompt, so is The Hollow Places.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads