Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Dead Eleven by Jimmy Juliano

     

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my one of my Halloween Reads 2023 books, Dead Eleven by Jimmy Juliano.  This sounds right up my alley.  I hope it's as good as it sounds.

Beginning: 

On December 14th, my sister went missing.  Her name was Willow.  I suppose I could have written her name is Willow, because  she's technically missing and not legally dead.  But as much as it hurts to write about my sister in the past tense, it'd be disingenuous not to.

56: 

I finished off my wine and consoled myself that whatever was going on with Mom, it wasn't likely to end in a combine accident, then took myself off to bed as well.


Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Seems like a lot of sorrow involved in this story. Very interesting cover! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is new to me. I hope you are enjoying it. I'm spotlighting The Cater Street Hangman which is the first in a series I've been meaning to read for a while. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very curious to see what you think of this. Looking forward to your review😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads