Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Horror Movies I've Watched Since Last Halloween

    

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Books with Weather Events in the Title/on the Cover, but I'm doing something completely different again this week so I'll be featuring my Favorite Horror Movies I've Watched Since Last Halloween.  All of these have been first time watches for me as well.  Here we go, in alphabetical order by title which are linked to Letterboxd reviews:

The Body Snatcher (1945) - I've seen a bunch of Boris Karloff movies, but currently this is my favorite.

The Descent (2005) - This is easily one of my favorite survival monster movies now!

The Devil's Backbone (2001) - I've loved all of Guillermo del Toro's stuff, but this one is currently my favorite.

The Fall of the House of Usher (1928) - I'm always on the lookout for a Poe adaptation, especially this particular story.  I love the Roger Corman/ Vincent Price movie adaptation, but this French silent adaptation floored me.  It's perfectly creepy and atmospheric!

In the Mouth of Madness (1994) - It's always good to see Sam Neill and his collaboration here with John Carpenter is topnotch.  This is incredibly atmospheric and it deserves to be more well-known.

Lake Mungo (2008) - The format works really well for this movie!  It's definitely a must watch for true crime and Dateline fans.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) - I loved this just as much if not more as I did the first installment of the series.

Nope (2022) - I'm glad I went into this one blind!  I hope Daniel Kaluuya and Steven Yeun will collaborate again in the future.

Prince of Darkness (1987) - As a fan of Big Trouble in Little China, it was really cool to see Dennis Dun and Victor Wong in major parts here as well.  It's so atmospheric and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Werewolf By Night (2022) - I hope we get to see Jack again.  I really want him to meet Steven Grant because I have a feeling they would be best friends.


Have you seen any of these movies?  What are some of your favorite horror movies?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. There are a bunch of movies on your list I'd love to watch, especially Nope and The Descent:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you've been enjoying a lot of horror movies lately! I have not really watched any. Unless you count all of the Stranger Things series. That's about it for me. I hate being scared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the old Universal horror movies. I need to watch abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein again. Body Snatcher looks great. The Vincent PRice stuff too. And whenever I see dream warriors I always have that song by Dokken in my head...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You can't go wrong with Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein! :)

      Delete
  4. I adore horror movies! Weirdly I have never seen any of the series A Nightmare on Elm Street.

    great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put them off for way too long - I hope you enjoy them if you ever decide to try them.

      Delete
  5. This is a neat list. I don't watch or read much horror these days, but some of these brought back memories. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I loved watching Nope! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen any of these, but I did watch the first Nightmare on Elm Street about a million years ago, lol! I'd love to see the sequels. I want to watch the new Scream as well. I'll have to keep this list in mind because I love scary movies. One of my all-time favorites is What Lies Beneath with Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer! I've watched it so many times. It's just a classic. Great list and thanks for visiting my TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I really enjoyed What Lies Beneath back when I saw it ages ago - I need to do a rewatch!

      Delete
  8. The Descent is one my favorite horror movies! Dream Warriors is probably my favorite of the Nightmare franchise sequels. Nope was so good too! Great round-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're all awesome! Thanks for coming over, Alicia!

      Delete
  9. I'm no horror fan, and I'm afraid to pick up any of these movies, considering they may end in a Tragic Disaster for the MCs. Except for -- Body Snatcher which stars Bela Lugosi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows