Skip to main content

Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge 2023 - December Update: The Oracle Code & Wild Tongues Can't Be Tamed

Happy Thursday everyone!  I can't believe it's already almost 2024!  Anyway, I've now completed all 24 tasks of Book Riot's 2023 Read Harder Challenge.  The two tasks I completed this month required me to read a comic or graphic novel that features disability representation and and a book of short stories and I selected The Oracle Code by Marieke Nijkamp  and Wild Tongues Can't Be Tamed: 15 Voices From the Latinx Diaspora edited by Saraciea J. Fennel respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and keep your eyes out for my plans for the 2024 challenge:

 ❋ ❋ 
The Oracle Code by Marieke Nijkamp is for the most part a solid YA standalone graphic novel featuring the  classic DC character Barbara Gordon.  I wasn't all that much of a fan of this particular iteration of the character compared to other outings, but I really appreciated the art style and the mystery itself was decent.  I will need to catch up on more of this author's work in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Wild Tongues Can't Be Tamed: 15 Voices From the Latinx Diaspora edited by Saraciea J. Fennel is a short YA anthology collection of essays that is well worth your time.  All of the authors involved are incredibly talented.  Some of them I was already familiar with going in, but others I hadn't read before.  Now though I'm going to have to look into them/ get caught up!

My review is also on Goodreads.


Did you take part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows