Skip to main content

2026 Popsugar Reading Challenge - September Update

 

Happy Sunday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my my ninth update for my progress for the year long reading challenge called the 2026 Popsugar Reading Challenge.  In September, I completed 6 books for a total of 50 read so far out of 50 total books on my tbr.  I'm so happy I finished this challenge up early! You can see my original tbr here.  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in September for this challenge:

28. A book about debt

❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 
The Blacktongue Thief (Blacktongue #1) by Christopher Buehlman is a new favorite dark epic fantasy.  I'm glad I decided to listen to the audiobook production of this because the narrator is amazing.  I was genuinely surprised to learn that the author himself performed it himself.   The story itself and the world-building are great, but the production makes this one of the best audiobooks I've listened to.  I can't wait to read the prequel and also the upcoming sequel.  

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.

10. A book about a horse or with a horse on the cover

❋ ❋ ❋ ❋

The High King's Tomb (Green Rider #3) by Kristen Britain is another great installment of a unique adventure fantasy series.  The audiobook production is fantastic and I was really invested in learning more about the world.  That said, I'd still say that it's a little too long and drags a bit in the middle, but otherwise I needed to know what was coming next. I can't wait to read book four, Blackveil.

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.

9. A book with a "type C" character - Type C personalities are precise and detail-oriented. They think in a systematic way and tend to make decisions carefully and based on a thorough research

❋ ❋ ❋ ❋

A Ruse of Shadows (Lady Sherlock #8) by Sherry Thomas is another great installment of what has become a favorite series.  I love Charlotte and company so it's just good see them again.  I'm also glad I decided to listen to the audiobook edition because the narrator as usual does a great job bringing this historical mystery series to life.  I can't wait to read book nine so at least I won't have to wait so long for it to be released!

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.

40. A book outside your comfort zone

❋ 

DNF'd @ p. 38

My Status As An Assassin Obviously Exceeds the Hero's, Vol. 1 (My Status As An Assassin Obviously Exceeds the Hero's Light Novel #1) by Matsuri Akai is a book I realized just wasn't for me pretty quickly.  I know I usually like when you're just dropped into a story, but not in this case.

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.

33. A book about college


❋ ❋
I really wanted to like Society of Lies by Lauren Ling Brown a lot more than I did. It was especially difficult to keep track of the perspective characters and I lost interest in them the more it went on. It was also a bit too repetitive for my liking as well.

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.


4. A book that starts with the letter "Z"

❋ ❋ ❋ ❋
Zachary Ying and the Dragon Emperor (Zachary Ying #1) by Xiran Jay Zhao was quite a delightful pleasant surprise.  I had a lot of fun with this one.  It does give you a lot of information in a relatively short period of time, but it's not too overwhelming.  It helped put me in the mindset of the lead character himself as he's learning it right along with the audience.  I hope there will be more to the series!  If you like Rick Riordan, F.C. Yee, or Gene Luen Yang, you might want to give this a try.

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.


Have you read any of these books?  Are you participating in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Fall 2026 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want To Be Adapted Into Movies Or TV Shows