I can't believe I've been nominated for the Liebster Award for the tenth time! Thanks so much for the nomination, Erica @ Erica Robyn Reads! Everyone should check out her blog, it's great and she's just getting started at that!
Since this award is generally for newer blogs, I believe I'll just be sharing my answers to the questions that Erica has set to me rather than nominating others as well. Well, here we go:
1. Who is your all time favorite author?
I have so many, but honestly, it's pretty easy for me to select my all-time favorite - J.K. Rowling! I don't know if there will ever be another author who's works will have the same effect on my life.
2. Does a particular color of book cover draw you in?
Well, blue is my favorite color, but I have also noticed lately that I'm also drawn to orange covers. For example, I love the covers of The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.
3. Do you ever read comics or graphic novels?
Yes! Some of my favorite series include Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson, Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples, The Fade Out by Ed Brubaker, Hawkeye by Matt Fraction, The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman, and Chew by John Layman and Rob Guillory.
4. Do you have a summertime go-to drink to enjoy while reading? If so, what is it?
I love an ice cold Arnold Palmer, half lemonade and iced tea.
5. What is your favorite type of blog post to write (book review, weekly meme, book tag, list, et cetera.)?
I do like making my Top Ten Tuesday lists - they can be a lot of fun to put together!
6. Do you publish a review on your blog for every book you read?
No, not everything, but on Goodreads I will at least give it a line or two.
7. Do you use a local library? If so, how often?
Well, I'm a librarian, so yes all the time!
8. What are your book cover design pet peeves?
Up close photos of faces or photos of models in general, especially if they look nothing like the character is described.
9. Do you ever DNF books, or do you always push through?
Not often, but sometimes there are just other books I'd rather not spend more time with and prefer to move onto something else instead.
10. Who is the one blogger that you love to get new post notifications from the most?
I always love seeing notifications from Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense!
11. What book would you recommend to the person that nominated you (or people, if you were nominated more than once)?
In her award post, Eric says that her favorite genre is horror - so I thought I'd recommend my three recent favorites: And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich, The Last Days of Jack Sparks by Jason Arnopp, and Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix.
Thanks again for nominating me, Erica! I hope you have the opportunity to try my recommendations!