Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1) by Natasha Ngan + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.


This week I'm spotlighting one of my current reads, Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1) by Natasha Ngan, which I'm reading for the 2019 Hub Reading Challenge 2019.  If you like you can see my tbr for that challenge here.  Anyway, I've been looking forward to this novel for and it's started off strong. 

Beginning: 

There is a tradition in our kingdom, one all castes of demon and human follow.

56:

A wooden tub is brought to the room and filled with warm fragranced water.

50/50 Friday: Best/ Worst Read Of March


Best - Titanshade by Dan Stout - I read several great books in March, but this one was hands down the coolest.


Worst - Campfire by Shawn Sarles - I had really high hopes for this, but it just didn't live up to my expectations.

What are you reading this weekend?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. What a lovely cover. And the opening sure is a statement.

    My Friday 56 for Sit... Stay... Beg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of good things about Girls of Paper and Fire. It seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Titanshade right now and it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Campfire sure has as an epic creepy cover! Too bad it didn't live up to it.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover and the description made it sound great, but it just never quite lived up to that.

      Delete
  5. The beginning pulled me n and I love that cover! Have to check it out on GR. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cover! Thanks for sharing! I'd love for your readers to check out Book Beginnings and my Friday 56!

    Lisa Ks Book Reviews

    https://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/2019/04/its-cozy-food-friday-that-means-its.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, the cover makes me want to see what is inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your book says it is a James Patterson book but it has a different author. Is he offering his name to the series and assisting the author? I wonder? My book---The Walk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from his imprint Jimmy Patterson Books - like the Stalking Jack the Ripper books by Kerry Maniscalco. All of the books from the imprint are handpicked by him and the editorial team. :)

      Delete
  9. Sounds interesting. I hope you are enjoying it. This week I am spotlighting Come and Get Me by August Norman. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently finished it and it was pretty awesome. Thanks for coming over, Kathy.

      Delete
  10. This prompt is such a good way to find out about new and recent books. I've never heard of this one. Thanks for posting it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to discover new things. Thanks for coming over.

      Delete
  11. oooh! I'm really curious about Girls of Paper and Fire. It looks interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a good book. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you're enjoying Girls of Paper and Fire 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lauren,

    I guess that you have already finished reading this one, and as you have left such a good rating over at Goodreads, one can assume that you enjoyed the story.

    This really isn't one of my favourite genres, but I have to say that the premise and the extracts you shared do sound intriguing and I love the cover art.

    I am just left wondering what the warm fragranced water is for? :)

    Enjoy your week and thanks for sharing :)

    Yvonne
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty fantastic. :)

      The water is for the main character's bath, by the way.

      Thanks for coming over, Yvonne.

      Delete
  15. I really want to read Girls of Paper and Fire, it sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Titanshade sounds like a fantastic read. I definitely want to check that one out. Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to read Girls of Paper and Fire. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty great, Alicia. Thanks for coming over.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early