Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings):This Coven Won't Break (These Witches Won't Burn #2) by Isabel Sterling + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my Disney-a-Thon: Team Hercules books, This Coven Won't Break (These Witches Won't Burn #2) by Isabel Sterling.  It was a fantastic sequel and finale.  I can't recommend this duology enough.

Beginning: 

Summer was still blisteringly hot when classes resumed at NYU, where a young Caster Witch named Alexis Scott was starting her sophomore year.

56:

A cold chill travels up my arms, and I press down the panic rising up my throat.


50/50 Friday: Favorite/ Least Favorite Funny Character



Favorite - Moist von Lipwig from Going Postal (Going Postal #33) by Terry Pratchett - Since I've read quite a few Discworld books recently, but I still think Moist is one of my favorites.


Least Favorite - Rincewind from The Color of Magic (Discworld #1) by Terry Pratchett - Rincewind isn't bad at all, but somehow he's my least favorite.


What are you reading this weekend?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I want to read the Colour of Magic. I love Terry Pratchett and need to try the Discworld. My book LEAVING TIME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read This Coven Won't Break (or the first book), but it seems interesting. I'm going to add this one to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that This Coven Won't Break is set st NYU, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Team Hercules duology does sound really good :) I love good witchy books. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of This Coven Won't Break, but it looks interesting!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun series, and I like this cover. So whimsical!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These books got really good reviews. On to the TBR list they go. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a fun series. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows