Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Recent Nonfiction Books I've Added To My TBR

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is My Ten Most Recent Reads, but I've decided to do something a little different and I'm sharing Ten Recent Nonfiction Books I've Added To My TBR instead.  I rarely feature nonfiction, but these are ones I'm really looking forward to reading in the future.  Here we go, in alphabetical order by title:

Accused!: The Trials of the Scottsboro Boys: Lies, Prejudice and the Fourteenth Amendment
by Larry Dane Brimner

The Address Book: What Street Addresses Reveal About Identity, Race, Wealth, and Power
by Deirdre Mask

Come Fly the World: The Jet-Age Story of the Women of Pan Am
by Julia Cooke

Dark Archives: A Librarian's Investigation into the Science and History of Books Bound in Human Skin
by Megan Rosenbloom

Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President
by Candice Millard

Kiyo Sato: From a WWII Japanese Internment Camp to a Life of Service
by Connie Goldsmith

Other Powers: The Age of Suffrage, Spiritualism, and the Scandalous Victoria Woodhull
by Barbara Goldsmith

These Fevered Days: Ten Pivotal Moments in the Making of Emily Dickinson
by Martha Ackmann

The Young Crusaders: The Untold Story of the Children and Teenagers Who Galvanized the Civil Rights Movement
by V.P. Franklin



Have you read any of these books?  What have you added to your TBR recently?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Ooh what a nice mix! I bet that book on the women of PAn-Am is super interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks really promising. Thanks for coming over, Greg!

      Delete
  2. love the list and great mix.

    https://www.diaryofablackcitygirl.com/2021/05/04/top-ten-tuesday-most-recent-reads/ mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! The Young Crusaders looks really interesting, and I need to cross Dark Archives off my TBR, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Other Powers sounds very interesting!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-my-ten-most-recent-reads/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always on the lookout for books featuring Victoria Woodhull.

      Delete
  5. I hardly ever read non fiction but I love seeing what others are reading. The Address Book and Dark Archives both sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you like Dark Archives. I'm super intrigued by it but not quite sure it's something I could read. :)


    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big non-fiction reader but I've been reading more of it over the past few years.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/05/04/top-ten-tuesday-314/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the worst when it comes to picking up non-fiction, it's embarrassing. I hope you enjoy these reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working at a library definitely helps me find interesting new nonfiction titles.

      Delete
  9. I haven't read any of those books. But I am adding the Emily Dickinson one to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ADORED Destiny of the Republic and Dark Archives is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge