Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next #2) by Jasper Fforde



On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my current May The Force Read With You Readathon books, Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next #2) by Jasper Fforde.  I loved the first book in this series way back when and I'm so happy to finally be back in this world!

Beginning: 

I didn't ask to be a celebrity.  I never wanted to appear on The Adrian Lush Show.  And let's get one thing straight right now - the world would have to be hurtling toward imminent destruction before I'd agree to anything as dopey as The Thursday Next Workout Video.

56:

I jumped at the finality of the pronouncement but upon turning found that it was merely the crossword Mrs. Cohen filling in the last clue.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read this book?  What are you reading today?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commeting down below!

Comments

  1. This sounds like a really fun Readathon but my reading is so irregular at the moment that I don't think I could join any until I have more time! This book sounds lovely and I do hope you enjoy it! I hope you have a lovely weekend and do drop by my Friday post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun, Juli. Thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  2. I've never done a readathon. I usually don't find out about them until they are over. Your book does sound like a lot of fun. This week I am spotlighting Amaryllis by Jayne Castle which is a "paranormal romantic suspense." Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the first book in the series and this one is looking just as great.

      Delete
  3. I've read several of Jasper Fforde's books and they are so much fun😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about this author, and those snippets do sound great! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that opening! I really enjoyed the first book which I read years ago. I am not sure why I didn't go on to read this one. I own it, after all. I hope you enjoy it as much as the first! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to read Thursday Next series since forever! I read Fforde's Constant Rabbit a while back... and it was subtle snarky humor. A very different brand of humor. I hope he doesn't get too technical in the earlier chapters of Thursday Next, it makes it difficult (for me) to get into the book. :(
    ~Lex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll have to try that one myself. Thanks for coming over, Lex!

      Delete
  7. Hope you enjoyed your readathon! This sounds like an interesting book. I really like that opening and the semi-snarky voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a lot of fun jumping back into Thursday's world.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early