Skip to main content

PopCulture Mini-Thon, Degrassi Pop Reads - Announcement & TBR

Happy Saturday everyone!  Later this month I'm going to be taking part in the next PopCulture Readathon mini-thon, created and hosted by Whitney @ bookswhitme, from May 16th through March 30th and this time it's themed around Degrassi: The Next Generation which I've never actually seen before.  There's no bingo board this time around, but there are five prompts that look pretty tempting, along with one bonus prompt.  By the way, don't forget to follow the fun over on Twitter, and tag your posts with #popcreadathon#minipopreads, and #degrassipopreads.  Keep reading to see the books I hope to tackle for these prompts:

My Body is a Cage - Transgender or non-binary author

My choice: Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey - I'm really looking forward to this since I've loved everything else I've ever read by Gailey.

Pride - Coming out story

My choice: Girl Mans Up by M-E Girard - I've been eyeing this one at my library and it's time I finally check it out.

Accidents Will Happen - Accidental pregnancy trope

My choice: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee - I've been told to read this so many times and I know my library has a copy of it, so why not?

Rock This Town - Last book in a series

My choice: Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin #3) by Robin LaFevers - I've just recently read book two in this trilogy and I can't wait to see how it all ends.

U Got The Look - Book w/ blue cover or spine

My choice: Daughter of Albion (Skin #1) by Ilke Tampke - This has been on my shelf forever and it sounds like a really intriguing historical fantasy set in Roman Britain.

Bonus Prompt: The Mystery of Heather Sinclair - Read an author new to you

My choice: The Walls of the Universe (Universe #1) by Paul Melko - I'm always on the look out for books set in Ohio, especially in rural area.  This sci-fi novel featuring parallel universes sounds like it will be a lot of fun.


Are you taking part in this PopCulture Mini-Thon?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Magic for Liars was really good! Good luck with the readathon😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really fun challenge, though I have my hands full with Wyrd and Wonder 2021. I can only challenge myself so much! 😂And I got to know several new things from your post - I didn't know Pachinko fell under the accidental pregancy story, and I didn't know Magic for Liars fell under the Transgender or non-binary author grouping. Aaaand, I'm going to look forward to your review of Daughter of Albion, so that I can decide whether to read it too! 😂😂😂
    ~Lex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I'm going to have to do Wyrd and Wonder myself - it looks like a lot of fun!

      I didn't realize it did either, but it sounds like that's the starting point for a family saga.

      Hopefully it will be as good as it sounds. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. These readathons have been a lot of fun, Carrie.

      Delete
  4. Oh the memories of Degrassi. I haven't even thought of that show in ages lol This sounds fun! I hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early