Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Thieftaker (Thieftaker Chronicles #1) by D.B. Jackson



On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting the May The Force Read With You Readathon books that I've just finished, Thieftaker (Thieftaker Chronicles #1) by D.B. Jackson.  So far this sounds like it's going to be a really cool historical fantasy novel set pre-American Revolution.  Plus, just look at that cover art by Chris McGrath!

Beginning:

Boston, Province of Massachusetts Bay,
August 26, 1765

Ethan Kaille eased his knife from the leather sheath on his belt as he approached Griffin's Wharf, the words of a warding spell on his lips.

56:

"Don't you dare!" a voice warned, echoing off the ceiling and stone walls.  "Not in this place!"


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read this book?  What are you reading today?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commeting down below!

Comments

  1. Thieftaker looks like an interesting story. I like the quotes too. Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting quotes! Good luck with the readathon. This week I am spotlighting A Peculiar Combination by Ashley Weaver from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am curious! Great cover, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE NEXT WIFE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole series looks like it has great covers. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. The cover is intriguing in and of itself--I am compelled to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I hope you like it if you decide to pick it up.

      Delete
  5. I not sure I get a fix on your book from the quotes but I do like reading historical fiction. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I hope you do get a chance to read both of my books mentioned this week in different posts. Have you read Hank Green's first novel? Start there if not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's historical fantasy which is one of my favorite genres. :)

      I have read it and really enjoyed it, definitely looking forward to what's next.

      Delete
  6. These excerpts are intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, historical fantasy novel set pre-American Revolution? sounds intriguing and unusual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I haven't seen more set in that time.

      Delete
  8. Sounds so different!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've read a historical fantasy novel set pre-American Revolution. This sounds really interesting. I may have to give it a try myself. I hope you are enjoying it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was good and I'm looking forward continuing the series.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early