Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Masked City (The Invisible Library #2) by Genevieve Cogman



On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my current Popsugar Reading Challenge reads, The Masked City (The Invisible Library #2) by Genevieve Cogman.  I loved the first book in this series and I'm so glad I've finally decided to continue the series.

Beginning:

By now you will have passed basic training, and will either be working in the field with a more experienced Librarian or be preparing to do so.

56: 

"What happened?" Irene demanded.

"You must understand that I assembled the facts after the event." Vale's tone was corrosive, but this time it was a self-directed bitterness


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read this book?  What are you reading today?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commeting down below!

Comments

  1. Great quotes. I've read a couple of books from this series, but I haven't kept up with it recently. The Masked City is still on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy when you get back into it.

      Delete
  2. Ooh I haven't heard of this series before but it sounds amazing! Definitely adding 'The Invisible Library' to my reading list, I too want a career as a Library spy! I hope you have a lovely start to the weekend and do drop by my Friday post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun! Happy reading and thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I think I would love this series, but for some reason I never got around to starting it. Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling it would be right up your alley, Tammy!

      Delete
  4. Great quote! Sure got me wanting to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first line! The series seems like a must-read for bibliophiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm . . . I haven't read the book but my first thought was how timely the title is! So many of us are living in masked cities right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still to start off this series. I'd heard really good things about it, but somehow I'm not sure how seriously I can take the concept of magical / flying books (which I assume this series is based on?). ~Lex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Librarian spies and alternate realities - it's so much fun!

      Delete
  8. I'm curious for more!! Happy Memorial day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this series so much. It's one of my favorites. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early