Skip to main content

Pride Month 2023 - Potential TBR

Happy Thursday everyone!  As you may know, June is Pride Month and like usual I've decided to celebrate the occasion by tackling some LGBTQIAP books this month.  If you like, you can check out what I read for Pride Month in 201820192020, 2021, and 2022 as well. I think I've got a pretty good line up for this year.  I don't know how many I'll get to, but I've got something to aim for.  Keep reading to see my TBR of books I hope to read this June:

Books I Own:

The Bone Shard Daughter (The Drowning Empire #1) by Andrea Stewart - This fantasy series opener has been on my tbr for ages and it's been recommended to me so many times that I can't keep putting it off.

The City of Dusk (The Dark Gods #1) by Tara Sim - This sounds like such a cool dark fantasy series opener and I've enjoyed what I've read from this author in the past.

Flamer by Mike Curato - I picked this up at a thrift store and it sounds like a must-read coming-of-age graphic novel. 

Out of the Blue by Jason June - I've got an audiobook copy of this.  I'm not familiar with the author, but I do like mermaid stories although I rarely get the chance to read them.  

Painted Devils (Little Thieves #2) by Margaret Owen - The first book in this series was one of my favorite reads from last year and I'm dying to read this sequel.  

The Priory of the Orange Tree (The Roots of Chaos #1) by Samantha Shannon - This is huge, but it sounds like it's going to be a new favorite.  Plus, I'm reading this for the Popsugar Reading Challenge.

Library Books:

Aces Wild: A Heist by Amanda DeWitt - I need this in my life!  

Lawn Boy by Jonathan Evison - I've seen this YA coming-of-age novel come up in a lot of challenges/ bans this year.  It's time I give it a try for myself.  I'll be reading it for Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge.

The Men with the Pink Triangle: The True Life-and-Death Story of Homosexuals in Nazi Death Camps by Heinz Heger - This incredibly important history book has been left on my tbr for way too long.  I'll also be reading it for Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge.

Seven Faceless Saints (Seven Faceless Saints #1) by M.K. Lobb - I've had my eye on this for quite a while and I'm hoping it will be as good as it looks.  I'm also reading this for the Popsugar Reading Challenge.


Have you read any of these books?  Which ones should I make my top priority?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Priory and City of dusk both look awesome t ome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list, it should be a good month! I didn't plan anything specifically for Pride Month but I'm sure some of my June reads will fit😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads