Skip to main content

Halloween Reads - My October 2023 TBR

 

Happy Saturday everyone!  Today, I thought I'd share my reading plans for the month of October.  I plan on reading a bunch of spooky books all month throughout the month to get prepared for Halloween!  I don't know if I'll be able to read all of these, but I think I've got a great tbr anyway.  I also plan on checking out some cool movies for this year's round of Hooptober over on Letterboxd - you can check out my watchlist here. Without further ado, let's get to the reading material:

Blood Riders by Michael P. Spradlin - I spotted this at a thrift store and I thought it sounded like a pretty cool steampunk horror western.

Daphne by Josh Malerman - I've seen some mixed reviews for this, but I'd still like to try it given how much I liked Bird Box.

Dead Eleven by Jimmy Juliano - This sounds really cool and just look at that cover design!

Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire #1) by Jay Kristoff - I've had this sitting on my shelf for way too long and it sounds like it'll be quite the fantasy horror.

From Below by Darcy Coates - I've been meaning to try this author for a long time and this sounds like a good place to start.

The Girl in the Corn by Jason Offutt - Norse mythology inspired horror sounds good to me!

A House with Good Bones by T. Kingfisher - This author has quickly becoming one of my favorites and I can't wait to read this one!

The Mummy, or Ramses the Damned (Ramses the Damned #1) by Anne Rice - Somehow I had completely missed this series, but better late than never.

The Only One Left by Riley Sager - I've really enjoyed most of Riley Sager's previous books and I'm really looking forward to trying this one too!

Ordinary Monsters (The Talents Trilogy #1) by J.M. Miro - This historical fantasy horror series opener sounds like it will be right up my alley.

Reviver (Reviver Trilogy #1) by Seth Patrick - This sounds like a combination of a few stories I like so hopefully it's as good as I'm hoping it will be.

The Twelve (The Passage #2) by Justin Cronin - The first book was great (and I also really enjoyed the tv series adaptation) and I'm looking forward to seeing where this sequel goes.

Strange Weather: Four Short Stories by Joe Hill - I've enjoyed everything I've read from Joe Hill so far so hopefully this will be just as good.

What Big Teeth by Rose Szabo - I've seen a lot of mixed reviews for this YA horror fantasy, but it seems pretty intriguing.

The Wolf's Hour (Michael Gallatin #1) by Robert R. McCammon - I'm going to be honest this sounds like something else, but maybe that will work in it's favor.


Have you read any of these books?  What are you planning to read to get ready for the spooky season?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. What an amazing TBR! First, Ordinary Monsters was amazing, I can't wait for the sequel. I really want to read Dead Eleven and The Only One Left. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A House with Good Bones almost made my list, but I didn't want to be greedy and read all the Kingfisher novels at once. I hope you end up enjoying all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling! As much as I want to do the same, I want to have some for later so I don't have to wait so long... :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US