Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Were Pleasant Surprises

 Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Books That Defied My Expectations, so all of those I'm featuring today were all pleasant surprises.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:

Army of the Cursed (War of the Last Day #1) by Karim Soliman

Dairy Queen (Dairy Queen #1) by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

The Fever King (Feverwake #1) by Victoria Lee

Forget Me Not by Ellie Terry

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder #1) by Holly Jackson

Litany of Dreams (Arkham Horror #13) by Ari Marmell

Peter Darling by Austin Chant

Romantic Outlaws: The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollstonecraft and Her Daughter Mary Shelley by Charlotte Gordon

The Silver Blonde by Elizabeth Ross

Twilight of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon #1) by Anna by Anna Elliott


Have you read any of these books?  What are some books you read that turned out to be pleasant surprises?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I currently have A Good Girl's Guide to Murder on hold at the library. Hopefully, I can get to it soon and see if it's as good as everyone says.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/books-ive-stopped-reading-recent-reads/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obviously adding all of these to my TBR. I'd discovered Twilight of Avalon last year all thanks to you, so I already have good expectations from the other books on the list! ~Lex (lexlingua.co)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romantic Outlaws sounds like a book I need to read for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister recommend A Good Girl's Guide to Murder to me, when I'd already seen it around and figured it would turn out to be over-hyped. But with her recommendation, I'll definitely be reading it soon and hope it's as good as people say!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't read any of these (yet) but they look good! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. Here is my post-https://paigesofnovels.com/2023/09/05/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-defied-my-expectations/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these yet, but my daughter loved Jackson's book. I am glad you did as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DAIRY QUEEN is a great pick for this topic. I wasn't so sure about it going into it because of the corny cover, but it's such a good book! I loved it.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely a don't judge a book by it's cover read. :)

      Delete
  9. The Fever King is one of those books that got a decent amount of hype but disappeared rather quickly in the world of fast-paced social media. Glad to see it made your list, makes me want to give it another look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I missed it back then but I'm glad I stumbled upon it!

      Delete
  10. Love this list - adding Army of the Cursed (War of the Last Day #1) by Karim Soliman to my TBR (it is on Kindle Unlimited!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of these, but Peter Darling is on my TBR😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have to read Holly's books! They seem like they'd be great reads and every now and then I do love a good mysterious book. :) Thanks so much for visiting my website last week, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's quickly become a favorite. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads