Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): We Are Not From Here by Jenny Torres Sanchez

      

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my Mythothon books, We Are Not From Here by Jenny Torres Sanchez.  I've only heard great things about this and I'm really looking forward to it.

Beginning: 

When you live in a place like this, you are always planning your escape.

56: 

A glowing white outline of a door becomes visible. I walk toward it, push it open.


Have you read this book?  Are you participating in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Good teasers! I like the idea of continuing Friday 56 even while Frida is taking a break. I'll do that next week. Thanks for participating in BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the teasers you shared this week. This book has been on my wish list for awhile now. I have heard such good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you love this, it sounds really good😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really good opening! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you have me interested in reading We Are Not From Here by Jenny Torres Sanchez!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snippets! Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads