Skip to main content

2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge - Update #8

Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to my eighth 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge update with mini reviews!  In August, I read 4 books for a total of 44 books completed out of 50 books.  for the 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge. I've made some great progress!  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in August:

 ❋ ❋ 

Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid is a novel I was really looking forward to reading.  For the most part, I've enjoyed what I've read from Reid and this was pretty great as well.  The characters are all so full and rich, but there are a lot of them to keep track of.  I wasn't expecting to hear about Carrie Soto and Evelyn Hugo get a mention in this story as well so that was really cool.  I highly recommend this especially on audiobook because Julia Whelan does a fantastic job bringing everything to life.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ 

The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley is so far my least favorite novel by this author.  Honestly, that mostly came back to the friends in this story were all so irritating that I didn't care what happened to them.  

My review is also on Goodreads and my Magical Readathon: Orilium - Autumn Equinox 2023 - Wrap Up & Mini Reviews post.



❋ 

Wicked (The Wicked Years #1) by Gregory Maguire is a book I'd been putting off for way too long.  I've never seen the show it inspired, but I love the soundtrack.  Now that I've listened to the audiobook though I can honestly say that I would have been perfectly happy just sticking with the show's soundtrack.  I think I was just expecting too much.

My review is also on Goodreads.



 ❋ ❋ 

Sideways Stories From Wayside School (Wayside School #1) by Louis Sachar has been on my tbr for ages.  When I was a kid I read a couple of stories from one of the later books, but somehow I missed it in the years since then.  It was fun getting back into it.  Even though I'm decades too late, I might have to read the rest of these.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you read any of these books?  Are you taking part of in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Wow, you're almost done with the challenge😁 I read Wicked way before the musical came out and loved it, but it's VERY different from the show, so I can see why it would be disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows