Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Company Man by Robert Jackson Bennett

      

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my Mythothon (and Popsugar Reading Challenge) books, The Company Man by Robert Jackson Bennett.  I have really enjoyed everything I've read from this author, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Beginning: 

The canal was a gray, rotting thing, so polluted and turgid that what it contained could hardly be called water at all.

56: 

He shouldn't have come back. He should have just cut tether and run.


Have you read this book?  Are you participating in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. The excerpts, title, and cover all hint at a nostalgic detective mystery--sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book, but it does sound interesting. The teaser on the cover has me curious about it, but it's the opening, the way it sets the tone, that makes me even more tempted to pick it up. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! I hope you enjoy this one and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love RJB but I've never heard of this one. I hope you love it😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy reading! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book and author are completely new to me but that beginning created such a clear image in my head that I'm now very intrigued! I hope you enjoy this one as much as the author's other works and that you have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads