Skip to main content

Lois Lane: Fallout (Lois Lane #1) by Gwenda Bond - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

Lois Lane is starting over in Metropolis and this time she's determined to put down roots. As an army brat, she's lived all over the place and seen some crazy things (like that thing in Kansas). She plans on keeping her head down and fitting in, but she realizes that will be difficult with a group called the Warheads making life miserable for another student. They're messing with her head somehow via this immersive videogame they all play. Using her wit and new job as a reporter, she decides to help her classmate when no one else will. When things begin to get hard, it's a good thing she knows she can rely on her one true friend, someone she knows only by his screenname, SmallvilleGuy.

I was really looking forward to Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond and it's a great deal of fun. I was hooked right from the very beginning and I love how Bond has presented Lois in modern day. She's a character I could really get behind and root for throughout the course of the story. It's a great way to reintroduce her character as they did with Clark Kent/ Superman on tv's Smallville. On that note, I appreciated how Lois and SmallvilleGuy's chats were handled on the page. That being said, the story could have stood on its own without him, but his inclusion certainly adds to the enjoyment of the story.

I highly recommend Lois Lane: Fallout to fans of Lois & Clark (I get the impression that this is what this Lois would have been like in high school if that show were set now) and Smallville. I'm looking forward to the sequel, Lois Lane: Double Down, and this novel has reminded me of how much I'm looking forward to Supergirl on CBS.


I read this novel from August 31 - September 2, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows