Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Settings I'd Love to Visit


Happy Tuesday and welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!  This week's topic is Bookish Settings I'd Love to Visit.  Here we go:

The Burrow from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

Red London, Arnes from Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab

The Shire from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Minas Tirith from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Ketterdam from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

The Rookery from The Rook by Daniel O'Malley

New Fiddleham from Jackaby by William Ritter

Valhalla from Magnus Chase by Rick Riordan

The New York Institute from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

The Library at Hurtfew Abbey from Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke

Comments

  1. Jackaby has been a novel I've long since intended to read yet it remains on my shelf marked "unread." Still, someday I'll get to it.

    The Institute from the Shadowhutner would could indeed be fun to visit... only I'd just want a day trip, and preferable a day when there's no fighting going on. ;D

    Fun list, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series is awesome! I'm putting off book four because I just don't want the series to end... I hope you'll love it when you get there!

      Delete
  2. The Shire was on my short list. It was hard to decide, but I did cut it, though I would love to visit. I had Idris on my list, because the architecture sounds incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so close to adding Idris to my list also. Thanks for coming over, Sam!

      Delete
  3. Ooo the Burrow! That would be interesting because the movie version was a lot different from how I imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We picked three of the same books to choose settings from (but different spots)! Awesome list. Here's mine if you want to check it out: https://clockworkbibliotheca.blogspot.com/2017/12/ten-bookish-settings-id-love-to-visit.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everybody wants to visit somewhere in the Harry Potter books.
    My TTT: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Shire for sure! Minas Tirith as well- so many awesome Middle- earth locations. Valhalla sounds pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many cool options from LOTR. Thanks for coming over, Greg!

      Delete
  7. I somehow left Ketterdam off of my list which makes no sense whatsoever. The Shire is such a great pick for this list as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had to cut a lot of places off myself- so many fictional places I'd love to visit!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows