Skip to main content

Music Monday: Charlie Sizemore


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


This week I'm sharing a couple of my favorite Charlie Sizemore songs.  It's been awhile since I featured some of my favorite bluegrass music, but since the last few weekends I've had the chance to listen to my favorite bluegrass radio show for a little while and it totally reminded me.  Anyway if you aren't familiar with Charlie Sizemore, aside from having his own band he was also a member of Ralph Stanley's revived Clinch Mountain Boys through to 2016.  Have you heard of any of his music?  Is it just me or is The Silver Bugle eerie (just like the song says) and a fantastic storytelling song at that?  By the way, the Alison he's referring to is Alison Krauss, one of the best bluegrass musicians out there.






Comments

  1. These songs are okay. I haven't heard of them before so thanks for mentioning them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second one is certainly lively music!! I wasn't able to check out the first one, living in the UK... lol

    My book trailer is less of a trailer and more the book - featuring lots of talented kids reading parts of the book out loud. Eventually you can watch and listen to the whole book :) Hope you get chance to do that! Happy Monday Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad you got to hear one of them anyway.

      Thanks for linking up - that sounds really cool!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag