Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books By My Favorite Authors That I Still Haven’t Read


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Books By My Favorite Authors That I Still Haven’t Read.  Here we go without further ado, in order by title:


The Archived (The Archived #1) by Victoria Schwab - Somehow I haven't read any of Schwab's non-adult books - I'm going to have to change that starting with this novel.


Grave Sight (Harper Connelly #1) by Charlaine Harris - I've read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books and I'm working on the Midnight, Texas series.  I definitely wan to to try this since I've heard Manfred appears in this series as well.


In A Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink #2) by Mindy McGinnis - I've read quite a few of this talented Ohio author's books, but somehow I haven't gotten to this one yet (as well as her two most recent releases).  I definitely have to get to this companion soon.


It by Stephen King - I've read a ton of King's books but somehow I never picked this one up although I have a copy on my shelf - probably because I was so traumatized by Tim Curry's Pennywise as a kid.  I'd like to tackle it before the second part of the new movie is released though.


Lament (Books of Faerie #1) by Maggie Stiefvater - I have no clue how I've never started this older series from this author - considering how talented she is, I'd love to see how she handles the fae.


The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan - I've read Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Kane Chronicles, and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard - now I just have to get caught up on Riordan's two other mythology based series that I've haven't gotten too yet beginning with this one.


The Orc King (Transitions #1) by R.A. Salvatore - I've read the first sixteen books in The Legend of Drizzt - and it's about time I catch up!  There are currently thirty-one books featuring everyone's favorite drow, so I've got a lot of great reading coming my way.


Preludes & Nocturnes (The Sandman #1) by Neil Gaiman - Surprisingly I haven't read this graphic novel series from one of my all time favorites.  Plus, this series features one of my favorite DC characters, John Constantine, and it's the inspiration for one of my favorite tv show's Lucifer!


Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales #1) by Holly Black - Holly Black is one of the best YA authors, especially when it comes to my some of my favorite stories featuring the fae, so I definitely need to get in gear and tackle this series soon.


Yesternight by Cat Winters - This author writes some of the best historical fantasy out there, and I need to get caught up on her work.

Have you ready any of these books?  What are some of your favorite authors?  As always, thanks very much for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I haven't read Yesternight either and in fact, I have another of her books on my list this week. I must catch up before her next release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy all of these, Lauren! I've heard amazing things about Victoria's books... but so far, I haven't. :D

    Happy Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is fantastic - and can't wait to try more from her!

      Delete
  3. I really need to read more from Holly Black! :-) Fab list. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never went back and read Maggie Stiefavater's older series. I went off the board this week and listed my favorite banned books since it is banned books week. My TTT Favorite Banned Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read Tithe too, in fact I've been wanting to for a while! Same with McGinnis. And oh my gosh 31 Drizzt books? I knew he had written quite a few but I didn't know there were that many! I think I only read the first trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started in on the Drizzt books way back when I was in high school... I hope you like McGinnis!

      Delete
  6. I didn't know that Holly Black had all those other books. I have The Cruel Prince on hold at the library right now.

    Wow, 31 books is a lot! I can only hope my most favorite authors keep writing until they have 31 books out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandman made it to my list as well. But I really think you should read IT. I haven't read Dark Tower (forgive me!!) and according to a friend that's his magnum opus so I have no right to claim being a fan- but in my defense, IT was his true magnum opus. It's a brilliant book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read all but the last couple Dark Tower books myself... Soon I'll get there!

      Delete
  8. My co-bloggers are such BIG Rick Riordan fans. I started Percy Jackson and need to pick up that series again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was quite the scary story. If you like the rest of King's work, I think you'll enjoy that one, too.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Archived is one I need to read as well! I love V.E. Schwab. I am sad I didn't start her books any sooner.

    Here is my TTT: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2018/09/25/ttt-46-books-by-my-favorite-authors-that-i-still-havent-read/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to read The Archived too, and some others by Schwab, but I'm making my way through them. :)

    I've read a couple of the Sandman graphic novels but I need to start from the beginning. So good!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really loved Sandman - very dark and fascinating. Tithe has been on my list forever. Hope we both enjoy it!
    Dani @ The Restricted Section

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read The Archived (and enjoyed it) but haven't got to the sequel yet. I really enjoyed the Heroes of Olympus books, I hope you do too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/09/25/top-ten-tuesday-178/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’ve read IT. It’s not my favorite King book because it’s so long! No book needs to be that long. I need to read The Archived and In A Handful Of Dust, too.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see what happens and I hope we'll both like The Archived and In A Handful of Dust. :)

      Delete
  15. The Archived and Lament are both on my list. I've read Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Cycle and Wolves of Mercy Falls, but somehow I haven't gotten around to her faerie books yet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Archived is the only Schwab book I have read. I really need to fix that, or at least finish the duology.

    My TTT https://wp.me/p3ftwe-XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really wanting to read the Harper Connelly series too. Awesome list! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over, Ashley - I'm hoping we'll both like it!

      Delete
  18. The Archived is one I've been meaning to get to as well, I've heard nothing but awesome things about it. The Sandman graphic novels are my favorite work from Neil Gaiman and one of my favorite series in general! I don't think I've ever seen that Maggie Stiefvater one before, I'll have to check it out! I didn't love The Raven Boys, but I feel like I'd like other books from her. What a great list! I hope you have a chance to read all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great group of Authors! The Archived, Lament, and The Sandman are all books I've been wanting to read too. But I loved Tithe!! If you like Holly Black I think you'll love it, it's such a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I love It (and want to find time for a reread at some point), so I hope you like It too.

    Have a great week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandman is a work of brilliance. I hope you check it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to say, I'm in the minority on Sandman. I was not impressed at all. :/ I hope you enjoy it though!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to read Sandman but my gosh they are so expensive. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely planning on using the library for that one. :)

      Delete
  24. The cover of Yesternight is so beautiful. I have only read one Cat Winters novel and really liked it. I definitely want to read more by the author. I haven't read Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris yet either. I like her books as well. I hope you get to all of these some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will. Maybe you'll read more Cat Winters. :)

      Delete
  25. Oh Heroes of Olympus is amazing! The series just gets better with each book! It's probably tied as my favourite Rick Riordan series with Percy Jackson. Trials of Apollo is looking to be equally good, I like it far better than Magnus Chase and Kane Chronicles so hopefully you can get to both of them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm behind on a lot of Riordan books, but I did read The Lost Hero and I really ended up loving that series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it - I've heard a lot of great things. :)

      Delete
  27. Oh I hope you get to these soon! Tithe is on my TBR.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge