Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City #1) by Sarah J. Maas



On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 
 
Happy Friday everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my Popsugar Reading ChallengeHouse of Earth and Blood (Crescent City #1) by Sarah J. Maas.  I really loved the Throne of Glass series and this has been sitting on my shelf for way too long.  

Beginning:

There was a wolf at the gallery door.

56:

Going on a date with Connor in a few days didn't mean she had to behave.


Have you read this book?  Are you taking part in this reading challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Hope you enjoy your current read--it's a good feeling to finally get to one of the many books sitting on the shelf for way too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maas is so popular, but I haven't read yet. Intriguing first line!
    Mine is in French this time: https://francebooktours.com/2022/02/18/le-promeneur-sur-le-cap-friday-56-vendredi-lecture/
    I have free copies and also a giveaway, so if you read French or have friends who do, please pass the information along. Have a great week-end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Throne of Glass series, so I've really been looking forward to this one.

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great cover! Hope you enjoy it! Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you end up loving Crescent City as much as you loved the Throne of Glass series! I haven't read this one, but I like the excerpts you shared. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of this one, but I haven't read it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another one I really need a copy of!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that opening line! Hope you enjoy it😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good opening line. My first post for Friday 56 and Book Beginnings is up: http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2022/02/first-line-friday-naked-in-death.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read this one yet but I already own the second one... I should change that soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads