Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The City We Became (Great Cities #1) by N.K. Jemisin



On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 
 
 
Happy Friday everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my Popsugar Reading Challenge books, The City We Became (Great Cities #1) by N.K. Jemisin.  Jemisin is one of my favorite authors and I'm so glad to be reading this new series opener.

Beginning: 

I sing the city.

56:

"Forgot that, too, then?"


Have you read this book?  Are you taking part in this reading challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I love that first line. "I sing the city." I know that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short and sweet teasers. Not sure what the narrator means by that opening line, but I'd read on to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes you want to know more. Thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  3. Love that opening, it's so evocative! I haven't read anything by Nemisin yet, but these teasers definitely are pushing her to the top of my TBR list! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've totally loved everything else I've read by her and I've got high hopes for this one!

      Delete
  4. I love that opening. It's so simple and yet holds so much promise of what to expect. I am looking forward to reading The City We Became. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ominous snippets but I do remember this one being on my GR list. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of this author, but the book looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read this, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that first line! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads