Skip to main content

Book Riot's 2022 Read Harder Challenge - February Update: Piranesi & Let Me Hear a Rhyme

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope everyone's been keeping as well as can be. I can't believe February is already over and Spring is already on the way!  Anyway, that means that I've now completed the 4 tasks of Book Riot's 2022 Read Harder Challenge.  The tasks I completed this month required me to read any book from the Women’s Prize shortlist/longlist/winner list and a book in any genre by a POC that’s about joy and not trauma and I selected Piranesi by Susanna Clarke and Let Me Hear a Rhyme by Tiffany D. Jackson respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and what's coming up for March:

 ❋  ❋  

Piranesi by Susanna Clarke  was one of my most highly anticipated reads and luckily it was absolutely outstanding.  I absolutely loved Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, but this is very different.  It takes a bit to get used to the style, but once you do you'll be hooked.  I needed to know more and I'm glad I hung on to every word.  The payoff is really cool, and there's so much more I'd love to know about the House one day.  If you haven't read this short novel yet, what are you waiting for?

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋  ❋  

Let Me Hear a Rhyme by Tiffany D. Jackson is excellent.  Tiffany D. Jackson is always brilliant, but for some reason this 2019 release wasn't on my radar until recently.  It's a real shame that it isn't more well known because it might possibly be her best that I've read so far.  It's a real gem and I can't recommend it enough, especially the audiobook edition.  The production is fantastic and with all of the music in the story it's tailored to the format.  It's so cool to hear all the lyrics, rather than just read them on the page.  The narrators all have great voices for this!

My review is also on Goodreads.


Next Up For March:

Read the book that’s been on your TBR the longest.

My choice: Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - Currently, this novel is listed as number one on my Goodreads want to read list and I added it to that list clear back on April 7, 2012.

Read an entire poetry collection.

My choice: Howl and Other Poems by Allen Ginsberg - I've heard a lot about this and the poet, but somehow I've never actually read it.  It's time to change that.


Have you read either of these books?  Are you taking part in Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge this year?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Wow, two 5 star books, that's fantastic😁 I have a copy of Piranesi I need to read this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really got lucky! :D

      I hope you like Piranesi and I can't wait to see what you think of it, Tammy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows