Skip to main content

Magical Readathon: Orilium - Autumn Equinox 2022 - Announcement & TBR

 

Happy Thursday everyone!  Beginning in August it'll be time to start the Autumn Equinox at Orilium for the Magical Readathon, hosted by G. @ Book Roast.  I've followed the Novice Path, completed the Traveller's Key, have Geared Up, and have completed the Spring Equinox 2022, so I'm all prepared to start this new semester! This semester runs all of August.  As I'm studying to be a Scribe that means I'll be taking four courses: Elemental Studies, Inscription, Restoration, and Lore.  I'll need to earn an O (for Ordinary - 1 book/ prompt) in Elemental Studies, a D (for Distinguished - 3 books/ prompts) in Inscription, an O in Restoration, and a Q (for Qualified - 2 books/ prompts) in Lore.  You can check out G's video announcement here for this semester to get more details and check out all the options.  Without further ado, keep reading to see my TBR:

Elemental Studies

O - Element of Water: Start a book with a drink

My choice: The Doomsayer (The Survivalist #4) by Jerry Ahern - This series absolutely reads like an older Chuck Norris movie - and this prompt totally makes me think of that scene in Lone Wolf McQuade where Chuck Norris' McQuade (the inspiration for Walker, Texas Ranger) pours a beer on his head and gets his truck in gear after those guys try to bury him alive.  Seriously, it's funniest part of the movie.  Anyway, I'm thinking I'll drink something with a good bit of caffeine!

Inscription 

O - Glyph: Recollection - A childhood favorite

My choice: Image (Angel: Season 2 #2) by Mel Odom - I grew up watching Angel and I read a few of the books ages ago.  I just happened to stumble on this at a thrift shop so I'm hoping it'll be as good as it sounds.

Q - Inking Techniques: Read a graphic novel/ comic/ manga

My choice: Guts (Smile #3) by Raina Telgemeir - I've really enjoyed the first graphic novels in this Middle Grade series and I'm really looking forward to reading this finale.

D - Stilling the Wind: Cozy read

My choice: Literally Murder (Black Cat Bookshop #4) by Ali Brandon - I haven't read any of the other books in this cozy mystery series, but look at that kitty!

Restoration

O - Object Restoration: A single object as the focus of the cover

My choice: The Merciless IV: Last Rites (The Merciless #4) by Danielle Vega - This YA horror series has been something else and I can't wait to see how it all ends.

Lore

O - Aeldia's Regional Anthropology: A book that has colors similar to your country's flag

My choice: Trailer Park Fae (Gallow and Ragged #1) by Lilith Saintcrow - I've had this recommended to me in the past so I thought I'd give it a chance even though I've read a lot of mixed reviews for it.  Definitely plenty of red, white, and blue on the cover.

Q - Myth of Syldoris: Story featuring a betrayal

My choice: Infinity (Chronicles of Nick #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon - I've never read anything by this author before and I've had her urban fantasy recommended to me.  I've also very recently learned about her lawsuit against her husband and his assistant's - definitely didn't expect that.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  Which one should I start with?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Ooh this sounds interesting! And Lone Wolf McQuade lol- I loved that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun readathon! I'll be rooting you on! I love that cat on the cover of Literally Murder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome choice for the cozy read! We definitely approve! Have an awesome time taking part in the readathon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early