Skip to main content

Beat The Backlist 2024 - April Update

Happy Thursday everyone! Today I'm sharing my fourth update for my April progress on the year long Beat The Backlist 2024 reading challenge, hosted by Austine Decker.  You can see my original tbr here.  In April, I completed 3 books for a total of 23 books completed out of 52 books on my tbr.  Without further ado, keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in April:


❋ ❋ ❋ 

Threads That Bind (Threads That Bind #1) by Kita Hatzopoulou was fun and I'm looking forward to the second half of this duology!  Honestly, as a fan of Percy Jackson, this series opener really hit the spot for me while still feeling fresh and unique.  If you're a fan of Greek mythology, you'll have to give this a try.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ 

Diving into the Wreck (Diving Universe #1) by Kristine Kathryn Rusch is a sci-fi thriller I just happened to stumble upon at a thrift shop.  I hadn't heard of it at all, but I'm so glad I decided to take a chance on it.  It hit most all of the right notes for me.  I only wish it flowed together a little more as it definitely feels like it's a couple of novellas fit together.  That said, I need to read the rest of this series asap.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ 

Daughter of the Deep by Rick Riordan is a fun middle grade retelling of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne.  It's honestly always nice to read a new Rock Riordan story.  I love how he pays homage to the classics in his own way.  That said, but this standalone didn't quite hold my attention as much as some of his others even though it has some cool ideas.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you read any of these books?  Are you participating in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Diving Into the Wreck sounds really good, I may have to try it too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Fantasy Books I've Read Since Last May

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Announcement & TBR