Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Sunday Funday: Week 2 Update

Happy Sunday Funday welcome to my second weekly update for Wyrd & Wonder! Wyrd & Wonder 2024 is a month long celebration of all things fantasy co-hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story (artwork by Ehtisham Sajid).  I know I always say this, but this is always such a fun monthly challenge to take part in and I've already made more progress.  Keep reading to see what I got up to since this monthly event began:

My Wyrd & Wonder Posts Since Last Week:





What I Watched Since Last Week:

 ❋.5

Once Upon A Crime (2023) is one of those stories I wanted to like more, but it was still a fun retelling of Little Red Riding Hood and Cinderella with a murder mystery thrown in.  It's quite campy and honestly that's probably the best part about it.  It's a bit rough in the beginning, but it definitely gets better as it goes along.

My review is also on Letterboxd.


 ❋   

I finished my rewatch of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, Season 1 (2022) on Tuesday which was the same day that the Season 2 teaser trailer was released so that was pretty exciting.  If you want to watch the teaser, you can do that here and get excited with me for August 29th.  Anyway one of my favorite scenes in the second half of the season is when Halbrand reveals himself and uses Galadriel's memories against her.  That moment when they see their reflections in the water especially!  Of the entire season, my favorite characters were easily Elrond, Durin, and Disa, even more so on my rewatch so I can't wait to see them all again in the upcoming season.  


 ❋   

I watched the second and third episodes of The Uncanny Counter, Season 2 (2023) and it's doing a great job of reminding me exactly why I love this show.  We're finally seeing the newest member of the team, Na Jeok-bong.  He's quite a bit different than the others and he's got a steep learning curve ahead of him.  He's kind of grating but I think he has potential.  By the way, the scenes where he's getting introduced to fellow Counters and his first training session are hilarious.  So Mun was definitely having flashbacks during all of that!

What I Read Since Last Week:


 ❋   

First Lord's Fury (Codex Alera #6) by Jim Butcher was a brilliant series finale.  I've been working my way through it for a few years now and now that I've finished I can say it's been an all time favorite.  Each installment has been outstanding and book six is no exception.  I couldn't have asked for a better ending.  If you haven't read this series yet, I can't recommend it enough.  

My review is also on Goodreads.


 

I think I liked the idea of Doon (Doon #1) by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon and the musical more than I did the final product. Plus, it's way too long and the characters started to grate on my nerves after a while.  Also, I wish there weren't so many pov characters.  Anyway, I should have just stuck with the 1954 movie with Gene Kelly an Cyd Charisse.

My review is also on GoodreadsGoodreads.


Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder?  Have you seen watched or read these things?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I'm not a tv watcher so I'm not familiar with the shows you watched. I read Doon several years ago and found it wasn't a good fit for me. I don't know if it was meant for a younger YA audience, but it felt that way to me. The two main characters were annoying and any conflict was resolved so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read the Codex Alera one of these days😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Wishes 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Boyfriends

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My Summer 2024 TBR