Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Week 4 Update

Happy Friday and welcome to my final weekly update for Wyrd & Wonder! Wyrd & Wonder 2024 is a month long celebration of all things fantasy co-hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story (artwork by Ehtisham Sajid).  I think I did great with my tbr this month and I watched a some great movies and tv shows.  Keep reading to see what I got up to last Sunday:

My Wyrd & Wonder Posts Since Last Week:






What I Watched Since Last Week:

 ❋   

I watched the sixth episode of The Uncanny Counter, Season 2 (2023) and this show is just so good.  The characters are some all time favorites.  I'm so upset for Mr. Ma!  What's he going to do when he realizes what really happened to his wife and how Mr. Hwang and Gelli Choi are connected?  What I also loved about this episode was getting to see flashbacks to when Mrs. Chu and Mo-tak started working together as Counters.  The scene where she learns what her special power is is fantastic.  I can't wait to continue the rest of this season next month!  Maybe I'll continue to do write ups on my progress here until I complete it?


What I Read Since Last Week:

 ❋  

Discount Armageddon (InCryptid #1) by Seanan McGuire is a great urban fantasy series opener.  Seanan McGuire is one of my favorite authors and I'm glad I finally got to start the a new series that I've been eyeing from her.  The world is really cool.  It's not too often that I get to see so many cryptids and other fantasy creatures share the page time.  There's a bit of an info dump in the first portion of the book, but it didn't really bother me as we're learning so much about the world and it never really overwhelmed.  Verity is a pretty cool lead character as well.  I think I'm going to love this series overall and I can't wait to read book two, Midnight Blue-Light Special.  I wonder if Mothman will ever appear?

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you been taking part with this challenge?  Have you watched or read these?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I would love to start the Incryptid series at some point, I'm glad you loved the first book😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a good series. I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Wishes 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Boyfriends

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My Summer 2024 TBR