Skip to main content

2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge - Update #4

    

Happy Saturday everyone and welcome to my fourth 2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge update with mini reviews!   In April, I completed 6 books for a total of 28 so far this year out of 50 books.  I'm really making great progress.  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in April:

 ❋ ❋ 
Tales of the Celestial Kingdom (The Celestial Kingdom #2.5) by Sue Lynn Tan is a great collection of short stories set in the world of a favorite series.  Honestly, it's just nice to be back with these characters.  I had almost forgotten just how much I missed it all.  Plus, Kelly Chong's illustrations fit it perfectly.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ ❋ 
Slewfoot: A Tale of Bewitchery by Brom is a new-to-me favorite!  I was putting off this historical fantasy horror novel for way too long.  I'm glad I decided to listen to the audiobook because the production was great and Barrie Kreinik has a perfect voice for it.  I had no idea just how much I needed this.  I absolutely need to read everything Brom has ever written now.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ 
Paladin's Grace (The Saint of Steel #1) by T. Kingfisher is a fantasy series opener I'd somehow missed a few years ago.  Everything I've had the chance to read from T. Kingfisher has been pretty fantastic and this is no different.  It's a bit different from other things I've read from her, but I really appreciated how fun and cute it could be.  I wasn't expecting it to be quite so cozy.  I can't wait to read the rest of this series in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ 
Persuasion by Jane Austen is a book I'd been putting off for way too long.  I've only read a few of Jane Austen books and it's been awhile since I have.  It took me a minute to get back into the style, but that said I really enjoyed the story.  Captain Frederick is one of my favorite of her characters now I'd say.  My complaints mainly go back to the audiobook - it was a bit tough to follow the audiobook production and who was speaking when. Otherwise, this would have been a four star story for me.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ ❋ 
Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone (Ernest Cunningham #1) by Benjamin Stevenson is a new favorite mystery and I can't recommend it enough on audiobook.  Barton Welch makes an excellent narrator.  I don't want to give anything away, but just it was everything I was looking for.  I can't wait to listen to book two soon.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ 
Here Lies Daniel Tate by Cristin Terrill is a great YA mystery thriller.  I think I personally preferred her brand of science fiction but this was still intriguing.  It's a stand alone novel as well, and honestly one of my favorite aspects of the entire thing is exactly how everything wrapped up.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you read any of these books?  Are you taking part in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I have a copy of Slewfoot I need to read, I'm glad you gave it 5 stars😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Fantasy Books I've Read Since Last May

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Announcement & TBR